Anyone use an Aton yet?

Spam

Just curious if anyone has used an aton yet? Likes/dislikes? I'm trying to decide if want to just use my teutonia or if I want an Aton :eek: The practical me says just use what I have, but the crazy car seat person wants the cool new aton :p

ADS

Mags462

I don't have one - nor do i have a baby to need one for BUT i may conceive a fourth child just so i can buy one! :p haha... i drool over this seat!

Spam

not helpful :p I tried three infant seats with Tucker before settling on the Teutonia, it's been favorite out of many, but I'd have to sell it to fund a portion of the Aton so I need to know I'll :love: it. I'm anxiously awaiting the review :whistle:

BananaBoat

I'm having the same problem.

I'm secretly hoping that the KF30 that I've been lending to a friend comes back to me with something horribly wrong with it, so that I am forced to purchase the Aton. Doubtful, as I went through all the rules with her & she's very conscientious...but a car seat geek can dream, right :p

Phineasmama

I'm about to buy one in a week or so, I can't wait!!!

I measured and looked at it at BRU and it will definitely fit the best in my 3 across, but I want the pretty purple one so I'm going to order online :cool:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Whataboutpuppy was playing with one last week. She was sending me pics. I will be bug her.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I haven't used one with an actual baby or in an actual car, but I played with it extensively at Lifesavers. I don't do infant seats, but I loved it enough that I'm getting one with this kid. I have a couple videos of it on CarSeatBlog if you haven't seen them.

WhatAboutPuppy

First off... :whine: judi woke me up!! :grumble:

I have never "used" it but I did take it out to my car to play with cuz uh... Apparently bru did away with the vehicle seat in-store?
My opinion? Judi is rubbing off on me and I was very very pleased to see a blow-molded infant seat base.
Installing it? Uh... Was odd. It was probably the "hardest" base I've ever installed. A close second to the grace lock-off i can never undo (no, i don't know why) and the old combi centre?? The odd combi with the weird belt path. Anyway, point is, it's hard for a base but bases are super easy so "hard" is a relative term. It was just awkward... It was honestly difficult for me to get the right amount of slack in the belt to get the thing to close right. There's not a lot of wiggle room and to work with with the belt... And I am sooooo used to installing a seat with a snug/tight belt, it was counterintuitive.
I loved the bubble leveler. It could've been me but i felt like i needed a click in between two levels on the base riser to get the "perfect" angle in my car but it worked.
The seat was awesome. Just as beautiful in person (and all they had was black, not even pretty colors) as i thought it would be. Tons of padding in all the right places. Hehehe also i loved the canopy cuz at first i couldn't get it to go down... Read that as: it actually stayed up. Until i realized you have to lift up ever so slightly when pushing it back... Perfect. :love: canopy is similar to most. No bigger than any other but definitely not smaller.
I didn't play around with the buckle or harness height adjustment. I completely forgot... I just wanted my hands on the base. Lol

Oh! The base detachment was odd too. On the back of the base there's a blue button on a light gray uh... Handle-y thing?... You push the blue button in at the same time you're pushing the gray thingy down and it releases the seat so you have to pull up too. It was odd. But in MY car it was a dream because my back seats are so freakin screwy. I can't say it'd be hard or wonderful in a normal car cuz mine really is that different... And the release was a dream.
Uuuuhhhhhmmmmm.... That's it?
I bet i could remember more if someone asked more questions.
I don't know if that picture is even helpful. And I am not proof reading this... So please know i just typed this whole thing up on my phone seconds after judi woke me up (for the record it is PST here and not even 8am yet). :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Been up since 6, and you wanted to be somewhere at 5:45, if you would have gotten your way. Just sayin.

WhatAboutPuppy

Oh, 2 things... First, i never said my overall feel... I love the seat! I want one for my kid that is like decades away... And i too hate infant seats. But it's so convenient in my car.
And second... I would've been up for something as a great as a hotair balloon festival JUDI!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh, 2 things... First, i never said my overall feel... I love the seat! I want one for my kid that is like decades away... And i too hate infant seats. But it's so convenient in my car.
And second... I would've been up for something as a great as a hotair balloon festival JUDI!!!!!

Go sew some diapers and we will be! :D

Phineasmama

I actually didn't like the canopy I thought it was too small...but I usually have a light blanket to put over the seat anyways so I guess it doesn't matter.

the release is a little weird but I have a feeling I'll get used to it pretty quickly. I just LOVE the base and how streamlined it is. I love that it uses the Maxi Cosi adapters because I can click it right in to my City Select stroller :love:

I'll post pics using a doll when I get mine in about a week and a half or so :)

Spam

Pics would be great! I haven't seen one yet, brus didn't have them the last time I was there, hoping to check again soon. If pumpkin would have been a girl, I would be getting the purple no question, but since it's a boy idk. My t35 works in my 3 across, although I have to push on both sides to make sure it clicks in, a little narrower would be good. Puppy, sorry Judi woke you, but thanks for your input!

J-max

CPST Instructor
Thanks so much, I am pretty sure this is the seat I am getting for #5, but I would so like to get my hands on one first. I was all set on a KF until this came out and now I am torn :D (I have thought many times about getting both, but i think DH would freak!)

laccaycol

hmm going to be taking my twins out today so maybe ill stop at BRU to try them in it? I have been wanting to try it out sooo bad.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
My review of it is done, but I'm waiting to hear back from Cybex about something before I publish it. I'm surprised to hear it was so difficult for Whataboutpuppy to install. It's an inverse belt path, so getting the seatbelt through the belt path is a bit . . . different--like the Combi Connection, but on the top of the base, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC