Look at the carseat covers!!!

ADS

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Cute! I like the Joey at the top of the first page, but the rest are too frilly for my tastes..

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Some of those have some cute fabrics. I'm not sure I like them in combination with each other, but they aren't too bad, I guess.

I love the giraffe fabric (but would like it with a more neutral border fabric)!! :):love:

scatterbunny

I've seen the Nollie covers before, there was some kind of online press release about these a few months back. CRAZY prices, but yes, some are very cute. Too tempting, LOL!

scatterbunny

Oooohhh, Sadie is so feminine and pretty! Not sure I love the idea of chenille, but the colors and prints and lace are so nice! (But then, I'm the mom who wanted to buy a Marathon JUST FOR the Foofy cover, LOL)

Pink Ethel is pretty, too.

CandCfam

Why? The cover doesn't effect the functionality of the seat. The shell and the belts are the safety. The cover is just window dressing.

I'm sorry? Have you crash tested seats with aftermarket covers on them? I'm just wondering what your credentials are to make such a statement.

Niea

I love most of those covers! Way way way too cute!

Too bad Britax doesn't have some sort of custom cover service. If they just had a lot of fabrics in stock, you could tell them what you want and which seat you have, and they'd sew one up for you according to spec. They could combine 2 or more fabrics for you for a unique combination, too. I'd buy one of those! Too bad these after-market covers aren't safe.

jdchic3

Why? The cover doesn't effect the functionality of the seat. The shell and the belts are the safety. The cover is just window dressing.

Aftermarket covers aren't safe because they haven't been crash tested with the child restraint, therefore we have no idea how they will effect the performance of the restraint in a collision. People use them, but you are gambling with your child's life when you do so.

MomToEliEm

I do not recommend homemade covers for a car seat. First you void the car seat manufacturer's liability if there were ever an accident. All after-market products (especially homemade covers like those you see on e-bay) are prohibited by the car seat manufacturers so you are on your own if there was ever an accident and your child was injured.

Homemade car seat covers are not tested with that seat. The cover can interfere with the harness, can add extra padding that can compress in an accident causing the harness to loosen (possibly ejecting the child), and it most likely isn't flame retardent. The cover can also shift around causing extra fabric to be bunched up on a part of the carseat where it should not be, and might injure the child in an accident.

Do not risk your child's life by using a homemade or aftermarket cover. Only buy covers from the manufacturer that were made for that seat only by the manufacturer.

If you look at any car seat manual, you will find wording that indicates non-manfucturer supplied equipment is prohibited.

Here is what my Britax manual has written in the manual:
"The use of non-Britax Child Safety, Inc. covers, inserts, toys, accessories, or tightening devices is not approved by Britax. Their use could cause this restraint to fail Federal Safety Standards or perform worse in a crash. Their use automatically voids the Britax warrenty."

From my graco car seat manual in the warning section at the front:
"Do not modify your car seat or use any accessories or parts supplied by other manufacturers"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC