Question Help me decide the "Booster Battle" Winner! Monterey vs Turbo (pic heavy!)

Mags462

Alright.... i bought a Monterey in the sale. I just couldn't not ya know?! ;) Anyways, i am not sure how i feel about the fit. So here are pictures posted below. Which would you choose fit wise?

The Monterey is just so plush and substantial in comparison to the Turbo, i really want to keep it. But i also want my son in the best fit for him regardless of brand.

The Turbo:
DSC01713.jpg

DSC01712.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

The Monterey on the setting i feel fits him best:
DSC01708.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

The amount of booster above his head at this setting:

DSC01706.jpg

Close up of the shoulder fit:

DSC01704.jpg

The fit with the headrest one click down from the above (and IMO this is a BAD fit):

DSC01707.jpg

And again where the other pics above are at, although i think i am having issues with adjusting the headrest! :eek::

DSC01702.jpg

And please excuse his silly faces, he would only agree to the photo shoot if i let him make funny faces! :p

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
OOOOOH another Okie!!! Maybe you should just come over and play?! I have a ProBooster you can try. ;) LOL That said, I actually like the TB best. Your guy looks like he's on the smaller side and the TB fits smaller kids great.

OK, looking back at them again, I'm leaning towards the Monterey. It offers more protection around his middle....the TB lacks in that dept in comparison.

Mags462

OOOOOH another Okie!!! Maybe you should just come over and play?! I have a ProBooster you can try. ;) LOL That said, I actually like the TB best. Your guy looks like he's on the smaller side and the TB fits smaller kids great.

OK, looking back at them again, I'm leaning towards the Monterey. It offers more protection around his middle....the TB lacks in that dept in comparison.

Well should i call that a tie?! :p Just kidding :D Your observations are why i am debating this so much.... the TB just fits like a glove but i do not have rear side airbags and i love the added protection around him that the Monterey gives. But the belt fit isn't as good as the TB so its like what do i choose?!

I am down in Norman, so a bit away from most of you all in the Tulsa area but i do like to travel! :p And you do fostering, which we are seriously considering so i am sure we'd have plenty to talk about ;)

The PB fits him like a glove, but it tips, and tips badly .... stupid Sienna seats! :rolleyes:

christineka

I think you should sell the monterey and get a vivo. It has the big sip wings, isn't tippy (at least in any vehicles I've put it in) and skinny, little kids fit great in it.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Another TB vote. Montereys don't fit skinny kids as well as the Parkway, Vivo, and TB.

mlohry

The TB fits my skinny kiddo the best too. Trust me, I have posted lots of pics of him on here in various seats and he always gets the TB vote too :)

arly1983

TB for now and Monterey for later. He will grow and you got a super good deal!

Last year my tall skinny minnie 5.5 year old had awful shoulderbelt fit in the Monti but fit the TB gorgeously.

NOW at 6.5, the monti is the better fit by far. He has almost outgrown the TB by height and looks like he is smooshed in it. (disclaimer: I know I have an unusually tall, skinny son, LOL)

My advise: keep both, at least for now.

Last edited:

emandbri

He fits well in both. I'd keep him in the monterey, it is just so much more substantial and has nice side protection.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Parkway?

Oh, sorry, not an option, lol. I'd use the Monterey if I didn't have side curtain airbags, personally, might not care either way if I did have them.

Mags462

Well after two days of short trips he just kept complaining about the Monterey :mad: It's the arm rests..... they are too high for him to rest his arms on and it bothers him :( But i really appreciate the idea of keeping it for later. Why didn't i think of that?! :eek:

This child grows and grows length wise.... he just hit 40lbs, but he only gains maybe 2ish lbs a year since he was 3 ..... keeping the monterey is a great idea for when he grows about another 1.5 inches - then the arm rests will be comfy and he won't mind them.....

SOoooo for now the TB wins.... :D

(and i bought a vivo, but sold it because he couldn't buckle and unbuckle it himself which is a MUST for us..... loved it other than that!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC