• Inexpensive: $51-$80

Votes: 51 50.5%
  • Borderline inexpensive: $81-$120

Votes: 41 40.6%

• Total voters

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
What do you consider to be inexpensive when it comes to convertible carseats? There seem to be tiers of prices when it comes to convertibles with the super cheap, inexpensive, and borderline inexpensive. So I'm wondering where you draw the line.

ADS

msg221

I guess for me it would be the features it has vs. the price. For example, if you go by the average retail price, I think the TFP offers a lot given the price, especially if you can find one on sale. But if you look at a Scenera, you are getting a bare bones seat and I would expect it to be priced accordingly, as it is.

Mags462

Mentally when i think "inexpensive" convertible car seat i think under $100.... a $40 Scenera to me is cheap :p So i voted the second option since it was higher but under $100.....

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Expensive is relative to the amount of time needed to save up for the item. If you only have $3 a month extra after basic necessities, even $40 seems like a lot of money.

jeminijad

Expensive is relative to the amount of time needed to save up for the item. If you only have $3 a month extra after basic necessities, even $40 seems like a lot of money.

This is true. For us, we can do $50 without planning, not much more. So a $60 Tribute would be the limit of 'inexpensive' here.

canadiangie

An inexpensive seat is under $200. Like when I got my MyRide for $113 I nearly fainted lol. A Scenera is $80 plus tax here, and an Advocate is $399 just to put prices in perspective.

christineka

For me, $30 is cheap (only on super sale), $40 is okay. That's just talking car seat purchases in general. Then, when it comes to other seats, 50-75% off is also cheap, even if it is $90.

tiggercat

An inexpensive seat is under $200. Like when I got my MyRide for $113 I nearly fainted lol. A Scenera is $80 plus tax here, and an Advocate is $399 just to put prices in perspective.
:yeahthatlove:

edited, I didn't notice there were different yeahthat smilies, I don't love it. But I do agree ;)

Phineasmama

I have never purchased a seat for under $100, I guess I bought a true fit recline on ebay for $126 (damaged box) and that is probably my cheapest one! I pretty much just figure out which seat I want and then find an awesome deal :cool:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'll go with $80 -- Scenera, Avenue, Titan, Tribute, ComfortSport. Under $50 is pretty much just the Scenera, so I don't really consider it a "category", lol.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I would consider the price ranges you listed to be cheap (under $50), inexpensive ($51-$80), and affordable ($81-$120).

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Cheap: Scenera etc (about $50)
Inexpensive: TrueFit, MyRide (under $150, but over $50)
Over $150 is "expensive" :)

mimieliza

Under $100 is inexpensive. I've bought two infant seats for under $100 (SS1 for $90, SR22 for $35 on clearance at Target - with the Snugrider stroller frame), and got my EFTA for $97. Oh, and my recently acquired Radian 65SL for $82.80. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC