Which seat is the best choice...

kidnurse

My son is going to occasionally ride FF in a friends 10 yr old car, so no TT anchor. He is 2 1/2 yrs old, 38 1/2" and 35+ lbs. We have a Radian XTSL, TF, CA, Scenera and a CCO (but I think he is too tall for that RF and FF too).

Which seat is the best choice given that we will not be able to TT?

ADS

Ladyl

If I'm remembering correctly the Radian has good head excursion ratings when used without a TT. Just remember the SafeStop until he hits 40 lbs!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I agree Radian with the Safe Stop - but I'd go one step further and say if the occasionally is a regular occurrence... once a week for daycare pickup or whatever, something like that - I'd definitely consider retrofitting it. Especially if it's something easy like a Honda or Toyota or Chrysler sedan or SUV where they are very easy and inexpensive to retrofit (we just did a Camry the other day at the shop that was $26 for two anchors).

Is there a reason he can't just RF in the Radian?

kidnurse

My friends car is an Audi, a tiny 2 door sports car. I am seriously doubting the Radian will fit RF, although that would always be my first choice whenever possible. Also my friend has back problems and I am not sure even if I could get the seat in RF she could get him buckled in it without it causing her a lot of pain. It is only very rarely that he would be riding with her and I have asked her if she would consider getting a TT anchor put in, but I haven't even seen the car up close yet to see if or how that might work.

And yes, I did remember about the TT and SS, kind of ironic that just after running into that senario while on vacation, I came home to deal with it here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC