E in the RN with pics and a question or two.

menfusse

2011 Honda Accord. I didn't try LATCH, so I have no idea how that would be, but I'm guessing easy. It gives you a nice upright install because of the slope of the seats. I had to use a locking clip because it tipped with the seat belt install. Had to do that with the last RN we had as well. Is it ok to lock the seat belt as well as using a locking clip? E will pull it and drive me nuts if I don't.

Other than a few ugly words with the locking clip (that happens with any seat that needs one if you ask me), it wasn't too bad. In our Jeep, it took both DH and myself, but I managed this one alone.

20110623143754.jpg
It is touching the seat, not forcefully, but more than JUST touching too. However, angle is independent of if touching.

This slot is just slightly above her shoulder, but the one below made it look like they were going to come off her shoulders. Sticking with this one is ok right? Or should we go back down one? BTW, she actually gained room once installed. This slot was below completely in the house.
20110623144130.jpg

20110623144121.jpg

And the kid who begged to FF, then after a several months, decided that I "could turn her back around now". :rolleyes:
20110623143958.jpg

5 years, 8 months 32lbs, 39 inches tall.

We *may* (fingers crossed) be flying somewhere in a few months, or even driving the 12 + hours, so this will come in handy. Can I say too, that this is the first time in awhile I have an extra seat that won't be used at all times in another car. It's goooood feeling, lol.

ADS

Cryssy Jane

I thought at too until I stuck my finger back in there. But still, I think it's close enough to call it, yeah?

I think she's got enough shell over her head it wouldn't concern me if there was a little ramping. The third slots would probably be pretty far below her shoulders too.

canadiangie

Funny. My kid who begged and pleaded to a) go FF, and b) buy her a cow frontier, started begging and pleading to go back RF about a month ago. So she, at 5 yo, is now RF again in a new XTSL in red, cause red is the coolest colour you know. :p Stats wise she is 43" tall, 35lbs.

Yes, you can use a locking clip to hold the belt tight (and keep your seat even more upright -- that's what I do too), and then manually lock the shoulder portion to prevent her playing with it.

menfusse

Funny. My kid who begged and pleaded to a) go FF, and b) buy her a cow frontier, started begging and pleading to go back RF about a month ago. So she, at 5 yo, is now RF again in a new XTSL in red, cause red is the coolest colour you know. :p Stats wise she is 43" tall, 35lbs.

Yes, you can use a locking clip to hold the belt tight (and keep your seat even more upright -- that's what I do too), and then manually lock the shoulder portion to prevent her playing with it.

LOL...E wanted red, but I missed them. But now that she's touched this one, she said "Oooh, it's sooooo sooofft. Meh. I can handle it."

cookie123

Nice to have those big kids rf again. Maybe I should have got another Radian after all, now that it's too late for the deals. Anyway, I'm surprised they have gray harnesses on a brown seat.

menfusse

Nice to have those big kids rf again. Maybe I should have got another Radian after all, now that it's too late for the deals. Anyway, I'm surprised they have gray harnesses on a brown seat.

I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it. All of their harnesses are gray aren't they?

Kat_Momof3

I just can't believe you went ahead and gave her her wish.. to rf again... of course, with as tall as the Radian is, if she changes her mind, she can use it ff.

I think she looks great in it and will work really well for her (and she looks so grown up!)

menfusse

Kat_Momof3 said:
I just can't believe you went ahead and gave her her wish.. to rf again... of course, with as tall as the Radian is, if she changes her mind, she can use it ff.

I think she looks great in it and will work really well for her (and she looks so grown up!)

Well...I didn't really get it just for th purpose of letting her rf again. I have been seat shopping for awhile for a harnessed spare. We don't currently have one. Plus, the oppurtunity may be there for us to travle soon. Not sure if we are going to drive or fly yet. So I needed an easier seat for the plane, or to be able to rf her for a 12+ hour drive. She would need to rf for support because of her fatigue and low tone. So when the radians popped up on strollers.com I figured it was a sign, lol. Since I have it already, might as well rf since she's been asking for so long. So...I wouldn't have gotten it just to rf her again if it hadn't been for the traveling. Yeah,yeah...I'm rationalizing. :p

Sent from my Droid with a tiny keyboard and fat fingers so excuse my typos please.

bnsnyde

Cool pics! She is the same height as my 3.5-year-old and we'll be using this seat RF soon. She is 35 lbs. So very useful post.

Didn't know a thing about using locking clips in a 2011 vehicle. Hmmm...can someone explain how to do this, exactly? Not sure if I'll need to but it's interesting to hear. I certainly want an upright install, as much as possible.

lovemybabies924

bnsnyde said:
Cool pics! She is the same height as my 3.5-year-old and we'll be using this seat RF soon. She is 35 lbs. So very useful post.

Didn't know a thing about using locking clips in a 2011 vehicle. Hmmm...can someone explain how to do this, exactly? Not sure if I'll need to but it's interesting to hear. I certainly want an upright install, as much as possible.

The seat comes with a locking clip and instructions in the manual :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC