Anyone else think all the skjp clearancing is a little fishy?

Cryssy Jane

There have been a ton of sites putting these seats on clearance. Strollers, elite, amazon etc. Anyone else think that's kinda fishy? Maybe I'm just over-thinking it but those are amazing prices at over 1/2 off. It's been a couple years since they did any big upgrades, correct? Anyone thinking changes for a new line come sept? Maybe new covers?

Eta mods. I wasn't sure where this would go so if you need to move it, go for it.
Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Stelvis

I wonder if the clearances ones are manufactured before they added the little wire thingy to the Superlatch to supposedly make it not slip?

christineka

I've been wondering myself. SKJP did respond to my post on their wall saying they were going to introduce new covers. Just a little bit ago they asked fans which colors they'd like to see on the monterey.

Last edited:

Cryssy Jane

Guess that kinda answers my question, they're taking options for new colors so maybe it's just new patterns?

All SL straps are suppose to be retrofitted with the new piece before leaving the wearhouse is what I was told. Not necessarily new doms but any seat leaving the warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Brigala

CPST Instructor
All SL straps are suppose to be retrofitted with the new piece before leaving the wearhouse is what I was told. Not necessarily new doms but any seat leaving the warehouse.

For those of you who have received your Strollers.com Radians, which version of the Superlatch did they come with?

My Radian was supposed to be here today but it didn't arrive. Fedex now says tomorrow. :p

But no, I don't think it's particularly fishy. I do think the odds that there will be another Radian coming out shortly are high, though.

Holly

What is the new superlatch supposed to look like?
My seat won't be here until Friday, but I can look when it comes.
It will be my 3rd radian but my first with super latch.
I don't ever plan to use it, even if I can make it work, I'm just too uncomfortable with it.
Luckily I know I can get great seatbelt installs in all the positions in my car.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I didn't look very closely at my SL strap because I had no intentions of using it. I did notice that it is black though. I can take a look at it tomorrow. What am I supposed to be looking for? Mine came from strollers.com and it has a DOM of 11/10.

cookie123

What is the new superlatch supposed to look like?
My seat won't be here until Friday, but I can look when it comes.
It will be my 3rd radian but my first with super latch.
I don't ever plan to use it, even if I can make it work, I'm just too uncomfortable with it.
Luckily I know I can get great seatbelt installs in all the positions in my car.

Which car? Just wondering and am a bit jealous too.:)

tl01

I bought two seat on elites site last night fully accepting that sKJP might release something new in sept. The seat hasn't had a revision in a while. That said, elite is selling most everything really cheap and strollers.com is still offering the seats at regular price. I think $135 for an XTSL is an awesome price even if the seat is replaced in september.

Mags462

I don't think its weird that there are so many being marked down atm... i think it's just a timing thing. Two weeks ago getting an XTSL at the $200 mark was a steal... i find the CSN sale and the Elite sale to be a pure coincidence.

However, i DO find it weird that apparently CSN marked down nearly 100 of these things (various Radian seats going from the poll in the deal section).... THAT i find really odd. Maybe they are trying to have less inventory on hand for slow sellers or maybe they got wind of new covers and wanted to clean out some old inventory..... In any case i find it weird that they sold so many at nearly 70% off. :confused:

All i really wish was that i could get a stellar install in my Sienna captains chairs!! :p

monica-m

CPST Instructor
A friend of mine posted on FB this morning that Elite cancelled her Radian because they decided the price was too low.

mimieliza

I don't think it is fishy, my guess is that the covers that were sold for cheap on CSN Stores are being discontinued. Elite is going out of business, so they are liquidating inventory. Even if SKJP is coming out with a new product, the prices at CSN Stores were too good to pass up for those of us who can use the Radian's current models. If they release a fancy new seat, it will probably be close to $300 with no good deals for awhile.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC