Pics of Gavin in his RN installed and a quick question.

zactayaus

Played around lots with the RN today. Still not my fav seat but the leg room is unbeatable compared to what we've been using. He does have a bit more room above his head then in the MA but not a huge amount like he did in the house.

My question is this...When I installed the seat I had the harness in the 3rd from top slots which was waaaaay below his shoulders. Almost seemed like the straps were going to slip off even with it completely tightened. So then I moved the harness up to the 2nd from the top slot and they were maybe a 1/4" above his shoulders if that. Would you be ok with this or would you move them back down?

101_1410.jpg

101_1409.jpg

101_1408.jpg

ADS

featherhead

I would definitely leave it in the 2nd from top. Kezi has had it there for probably 6 months already, now she is finally almost even with it.

Pixels

I'm surprised he's below the 4th slots at all. DD, who still has about an inch and a half in the ComfortSport, is thisclose to needing the 4th slots. She can get away with the 4th, but I keep her on the third because that way she and DS can share without having to rethread the seat.

zactayaus

I'm surprised he's below the 4th slots at all. DD, who still has about an inch and a half in the ComfortSport, is thisclose to needing the 4th slots. She can get away with the 4th, but I keep her on the third because that way she and DS can share without having to rethread the seat.

That is so interesting because Gavin has already outgrown the CS both RF (head above the top of the shell) and FF (shoulders over the top slots).:confused:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I would leave them there too. I did that when we got our first Radian and DD1 was just below the second from top slots. FWIW at 25m she fit the Radian almost exactly like he does and she didn't outgrow it until 4.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC