3 across a 2007 explorer

lahuffman

I currently have a FR85 for my daughter and I will have a babysit kiddo in a NBB. We will be having kiddo #2 and I was wondering if anything would fit in that center position with the other 2 outboard? My preference for the baby would be a coccoro. I tried putting 2 boosters and the FR85 and it was too tight.

I am asking because I have an oppurtunity to trade a trusted friend my FR85 for her Radian.Would that make the 3 across work? I looked the seats up and the FR85 is 19in wide, coccoro is 15 and the radian is 17. Would the extra 2 inches help? I am torn with what to do my DD and I LOVE the FR85!

So will a FR85, coccoro and NBB fit or do I need to do the radian, coccoro and NBB?

ADS

monstah

If you love the Frontier, I wouldn't trade unless you HAD to. What NBB did you try? The LiteRider is very narrow and only $12 or $14, I forget exactly. A BubbleBum would also be a good solution.

lahuffman

I tried 3 across with a vivo(thinking its about the width of the seat for the baby and a backless TB. Whichever one I put in the center seat with the FR85 outboard the center seat would tip to the side which had me worrying about putting a coccoro center next to the FR85.

canadiangie

Frontier, radian, KeyFit works

Turbo booster, radian, KeyFit works

Frontier, radian, MyRide/boulevard works

Radian in the middle and you're pretty much gold with whatever outboard seats you want/have.

I'd be tempted to trade the frontier for the radian, get your CCO for the noob, and then get a basic highback booster for the 7 yo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC