ebay - ugg

amyg530

ok so here are two seats that i saw on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...E:B:AAQ:US:1&viewitem=&item=120126972584&rd=1

this first one looks like its from the mid 90's and if i read the recall list correctly is recalled due to it being so old

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...E:B:AAQ:US:1&viewitem=&item=160122449931&rd=1

and this one, well we know that this seat isn't "the only seat you'll ever need" b/c it would expire before your child outgrows it, so you have to wonder the age of it, it looks pretty worn, and has incorrect RF weight in the description

it just sucks that the sellers probably have no idea about any of it and are just trying to make a buck and dont realize the danger they are putting someones child in

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The first one is probably from the late 1990s or early 21st century. It is old, but not mid-90s old. I would guess it was one of Century's last STEs. I think I remember that pattern... :)

amyg530

http://www.carseat.org/Recalls/179NP.pdf

this is where i saw it (about midway on pg 9), i'm not 100% sure b/c there appered to be 2 different model numbers in the ebay description but it just looks like its got to be more than 6 years old so you should be able to just look on the bottom of her seat for the exp date, right?

amyg530

The first one is probably from the late 1990s or early 21st century. It is old, but not mid-90s old. I would guess it was one of Century's last STEs. I think I remember that pattern... :)

even if it was made in 2000 it would be expired by now, right? i'm still learning all this stuff :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The first one starts bidding at $25, plus $30 for shipping...why on earth would someone get that seat over a $35 Scenera from Big Lots, and get instant gratification AND a safe seat that will last them a looong time? :confused:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The first one starts bidding at $25, plus $30 for shipping...why on earth would someone get that seat over a $35 Scenera from Big Lots, and get instant gratification AND a safe seat that will last them a looong time? :confused:

Hopefully no one will, but there's always those who are Ebay addicted. :whistle:

And I'd guess that some just assume a used seat would be cheaper if they haven't looked in stores for a long time.

1girltwinboyz

Do you all email the seller to tell him/her this info? I have had better success lately with sellers ending auctions for expired seats without negative responses.

amyg530

i emailed those (as well as a third) asking for the DOM, hopes that maybe they will see the exp date and pull them, none have responded and there is only one bid on on seat and i emailed the bidder and told her about the 6 years exp and all

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
It says that Century is LATCH equipped? How could that be? Can you retrofit LATCH on a seat that old?

Oh, and the AO says it can be used RF from 5-40 lbs. Hmmm.... never heard of that before!

I emailed both of them.

mominabigtruck

Walmart was selling that century seat several years ago so its not that old. Also, if its latch equipped and has the newer harness tie I doubt it's more then 4-5 years old.

amyg530

well i heard back about a different century seat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300116485269&rd=1&rd=1

and the DOM is 5/14/02 so its got another year (unless its been recalled, i didnt look) but just looks nasty

i also talked someone out of continueing to bid on the AO, told her that second hand seats are not a good idea and she said she would go buy a new one

but i havent actually heard from the sellers on the first two i posted about

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC