I got 5 car seats in my tribeca!

todzwife

I got 5 car seats in my tribeca! Pics added!!

In 110 degree heat no less. (go me!)

I'm visiting my brother and SIL and we decided that since SIL has 2 kids and herself (and brother is working) that we may as well car pool as much as possible...so here's how it goes.

Back:
5 YO-Parkway SG Driver outboard
3 YO-harnessed Nautilus (fits AMAZING back there!!)

Middle row:
14 Month old-RFing outboard driver Cowmoo MA70
2 YO- FF Radian (I'd love to RF him, but I don't have the boot, his mama doesn't RF him in her car either he's too big for her seat.)
7 YO-Backless Harmony booster

Obviously this isn't the BEST solution for the 7 YO or the 2 YO, but they are all installed correctly and the 2 YO is a HUGE kid...I don't even know if I could RF him in the Radian, he's probably close to 45 pounds.

001-53.jpg

002-56.jpg

Sorry, no pics of the kids...it's too hot to drag them out there for no reason LOL!

Last edited:
ADS

T4K

I had to lol at mentioning the MA70 was cowmoo but not mentioning any of the other covers. Good job!! Can't wait to see pics :)

On my iPhone...Probably NAK or PAK ;-)

todzwife

I wanted to mention the cowmoo because a lot of people have asked if it was unusually hot. It IS hot, but she's dressed very lightly, so I haven't noticed she's any sweatier than the others.

Kat_Momof3

Re: I got 5 car seats in my tribeca! Pics added!!

hey, safest isn't always doable... they are safe... safer than most kids their ages because those seats all fit them, the car, the budget, and are installed properly and will be used properly every time.

I'm impressed you were able to fit it all!

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Love it! How do they get to the third row?

Sent from my Nexus One using Car-Seat.Org

My guess is that she moves the backless booster. When I need 5 with 3 big kids, I put a booster rider in one of the ob seats on the middle row beside a radian or cco in the middle. The booster is easy to move, even if it is a hbb.

Added bonus is that the oldest (normally ;) ) is the one outside of the car longest. For me it means I let the oldest out, flip seat, unbuckle 3rd row (for me these are the next oldest kids), 3rd row climbs out while I do remaining middle and ob riders on the middle row (normally the rfers or youngest in my car).

todzwife

My guess is that she moves the backless booster. When I need 5 with 3 big kids, I put a booster rider in one of the ob seats on the middle row beside a radian or cco in the middle. The booster is easy to move, even if it is a hbb.

Added bonus is that the oldest (normally ;) ) is the one outside of the car longest. For me it means I let the oldest out, flip seat, unbuckle 3rd row (for me these are the next oldest kids), 3rd row climbs out while I do remaining middle and ob riders on the middle row (normally the rfers or youngest in my car).

This is what we did. I buckled DD2 in while SIL put the 2 YO in the RN, then we moved the booster out of the way and scooted the seat forward (barely possible, would have had more room if I put the MA70 in w/ the seatbelt though instead of the latches), let DD1 in the back booster (she can buckle herself), put neice in the Nauti and buckled her in, then moved the seat back and let DS in and I buckled him in (since he has a hard time finding the stalk). It's not a situation I'd want to use every day, but it was very doable.

monstah

Awesome, I'm jealous. I can't fold down the 2nd row outboard, even with a RN in the center.

Sent from my Nexus One using Car-Seat.Org

todzwife

It ONLY works w/ the Radian, or the coccoro. Anything wider, it just doesn't work. And it BARELY works. BARELY.

todzwife

And I just bought a Frontier 85 for DD1.:eek: I wonder if it will fit in a 3 across.:eek::eek::eek:

PS-if anyone wants to leave me REP points so i can list the frontier here if it doesn't fit, I'd be very grateful LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC