most comfortable booster?

mayamac

DD is 6.5 and has outgrown her radian so will be going to a booster full time. We have a couple turboboosters, but they seem a little hard to me. Are the other ones more comfy? I'm looking at the Recaro ProBooster High Back, Parkway or the Monterey. She is a skinny mini, is the monterey going to be too wide?
thanks!

ADS

steph_s

if she's skinny yeah the Monterey will be too wide. My skinny 7.5 yo still doesn't fit in one. My DS likes the pkwy sg, but he also likes the Turbo and never complains (and he's a complainer and picky about his seats) even on a recent 9.5 HR drive about the Turbo.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How wide are her shoulders? I tend to disagree about needing width for the Monterey, but I'm one of the only ones. I love that seat, and was just attempting to sit in one in my living room tonight to see if I could ride in it... rofl.

Otherwise, I might try the Vivo, it fits skinnies well and IIRC it is comfy. :) Or the Turbo, maybe the Elite since I think it has foam?

menfusse

Mine dd never complained about any of her boosters. She preferred her Vivo until she outgrew it though, over her Monterey. The seat is sloped downward towards the front of it, and it allowed her to have her legs rest on the seat and down into the floor. Sometimes, leggy kids complain if the seat hits their legs in a certain way, but the slope of the Vivo made a big difference for that.

All of that being said, she's backless now because she outgrew highbacks, and doesn't complain about her turbo at all.

mayamac

oh, sounds like the turbo isn't so bad. I guess I'll leave well enough alone unless I see a good deal on a vivo. She does say that her lizard in line turbo is more comfortable than her crawford turbo. I'll just keep the lizard as the main one.

Kat_Momof3

I agree that skinny kids don't usually do well in the Monterey.

However, it IS one comfy booster.

the comfiest boosters for my kids that aren't so wide are the Vivo (and the probooster would probably be, too, but they haven't tried it), the combi dakota (so I assume the Kobuk is, too), and the clek olli (so the oobr should be wonderful for comfort)

of course, they never complained about less padded ones (even the least padded of all boosters, the cosco backless... which is just a thin piece of fabric to decorate a plastic seat)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC