Has anyone ordered from baby universe lately?

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ok i ordered dd a FPSVD off there on friday at 1:44pm so it should have shiped out yesterday since the site says same day shipping if ordered before 2pm??? Well when i go online to check the status of it it says in bold print "ORDERED FROM MANUFATURE" does this mean that they are not instock? i emailed them but being a weekend i dont' think i'll hear back till monday and i really need this seat soon. I shoudl have just ordered from allbaby but with the $25 cash back it was a better deal. Also when i called allbaby they said that all the seats are '06 modles then i read on here someone eles got one from them that was 4/07 so i guess that was wrong too. I though that red/black was in stock since the back/gray one said out of stock i though the red/black would have said the same if it really was out of stock. I'm all worried now........

ADS

Wineaux

That almost sounds like the hell my wife and I are going through trying to buy a Chicco play yard in either Explorer or Iceberg. Constantly out of stock, or in stock when you order it, but then the status changes to a 2-3 week delivery window... Ugh!!!!!

Simplysomething

I ordered from Babyuniverse April 2. It said "ordered from manufacturer" too, and I got it the thursday after I ordered it. :)

kjcoggins0405

I just went through hell and back with Baby Universe with my FPSVD. I ordered it and it said available. As soon as I order it, it becomes ordered from the manufacture. After MANY calls, it is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Which is June 4th. I paid May 5th.

dluciew

I spoke to them on Friday. From what I gather from the woman I spoke to is that they place the order with Britax and then it gets sent out from Britax's warehouse in St. Louis. She said it was usually a 4-5 day turnaround. Keeping my fingers crossed because I ordered mine last night and hope to get it by next weekend.

Wineaux

I just went through hell and back with Baby Universe with my FPSVD. I ordered it and it said available. As soon as I order it, it becomes ordered from the manufacture. After MANY calls, it is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Which is June 4th. I paid May 5th.

FYI, it is illegal for a company to charge your credit card for an item BEFORE it ships. Contact your credit card company and they will reverse the charges without any problems. If this happens often enough, they will pull privilidges from the company.

Dillipop

I ordered my volo from baby universe a couple months ago. I got ordered from manufacturer, too, and then got a tracking number a day or so later. I think it took 3-4 days to get the stroller from order to my door. HTH!

kjcoggins0405

FYI, it is illegal for a company to charge your credit card for an item BEFORE it ships. Contact your credit card company and they will reverse the charges without any problems. If this happens often enough, they will pull privilidges from the company.

I paid with Paypal.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Well i did pay by CC/ATM Debt card and the $$ is out of my account and cleared my bank yesterday so I had better get the shipping info ASAP on Monday or they will get another phone call.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I just ordered a Parkway from them this morning and was assuming it would ship out today because of the '2 pm' rule. But, I didn't get a shipping notice from them yet. Do they send shipping notices? Maybe not from what I'm reading here! When I check the order status, all it says is "will be shipped by ground", so I'm assuming it hasn't been shipped yet.

cheerbop

I have read different things...with the FPSVD, are the red/black ones the newer mfr dates or the black/tean/grey ones?

And, my take on the ordered from manufacturer comment on the site just means that they don't stock it there, that they order it from the mfr and then the mfr ships it to you.

dluciew

I just got a e-mail saying it is backordered and due in on or before 6/30/07.:thumbsdown: I tried ordering Friday night. Anyone else??

dluciew

SEE ETAA: I called BU this morning. They confirmed it was out of stock and I told them they should update their website. As far as them getting them in, she said it was going to be on or before 6/30. Since there has been talk about the SVD being discontinued I asked if they were sure that they were getting more in. She didn't give me a straight answer but she said she'd get in touch with their sales rep to find out and e-mail me with the response. We'll see if that really will happen. I then called Britax to see what's up. I asked them if they are manufacturing the SVD anymore and they said no.

ETA: I called Albee Baby and they said that it is instock. I asked if they really were instock since Britax in not manufacturing them and he said they already bought a bunch of them.

ETAA: I just got an e-mail from BU that my order was shipped UPS and I should be getting on Thursday!!???? Well if that's not confusing.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
well i order it on 6/1 friday and it said order from manuf. then i got the email with shipping info on monday AM and it did ship out on 6/1 about 6pm. then i got an email saying that it's out of stock, well i wrote back saying it was already shipped so how was it out of stock??? The red and black is in stock... i'll check the DOM in a min the seat is at my door at 10:15 this morning not bad at all! I'm extreamly happy with the shipping speed! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC