Radian w/ Safe Stop limit and other issues...

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Ok all the stuff that's going on with the radain i've been emailing back and forth with russ about a few issues one being that the safe stop on my radian says i can use it up to 48#'s when all of them now say that they can be used up to only 40#s he said this...

"Becky,
Originally the we had SafeStop to 48 lbs, but we changed it to 40 lbs so that our US and Canadian seats would be consistent.
So, you can use SafeStop to 40 lbs (or if you want you can use it to 48 lbs).
I apologize for that confusion.
Best regards,
Russ"

Ok that's kinda conflitcting but the main reason i emailed him was about the harness being a PITA to adjust this is the oriaginal email i sent him...

"Hi Russ,
I am a tech who talked with you once before. My daughter who's almost 5 uses our radian65 has for almost a year now and i've recently been letting my younger daughter use it now that my younger daughter is getting close to out growing her other seat by hight. with my 5 year old we never or hardly ever needed to ajust the harness tightest when she was using it she just sliped in and buckled but because my younger daughter who's 2 1/2 and about 32 1/2 #'s has some sensory issues we have to lossen the harness of all the seats to get her into it and then tighten once buckled. the radian isn't letting me do this nearly as easily as the cosco seat she's in now. i know it's install correctly and very tight but is there anything i can do to make it easier?
The seat info is Date of Manf. is 1/2006 and the # is 10600 Also i re read the manual online and say that the Safe stop is only used to 40 # but on my safe stop we have it says it can be used up to 48#'s which is the weight we need to be going by with my 4 year old who's still using it since she is 42#.
Thanks so much,
Becky "

And the only info he sent back was the info above... i'm wasn't nearly as worried about the safestop as i was about the harness not adjusting at all... so i wrote back and informed them about the fraying/pilling on the harness straps. so we'll see where we go from here.

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
i'm just not understanding why some people get these great CS reps that seem to bend over backwards for them then i get this kinda of a Re: ???? I feel safe still using my radian right now i just wish that they would help me witht he issues we are having adjusting it and also the frying/pilling on the harness worries me a little. like some eles said they need to send this kinda of info on to the designers or who ever makes the seats the issues with the buckles were the harenss threads needs to be fixed...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC