i think im kinda ocd about my seats lol

lovemybabies924

i hate when my seats dont match! i also cant stand when they are different brands....if they are different brands and match i feel a little better...but i end up freaking out and going back to the same brands and matching.. i have a pink seat for DD2 and want to use it..but my brain wont let me unless DD1 had a pink seat and the boys are still matching as well...oh man...the things that keep me up at night haha this goes back to when i only had two kids and had to buy the brown evenflo big kid booster to match baby dd1 in the brown scenera haha (and my brown interior of the car) :p

ADS

Jessica61624

I've been thinking about buying a new cover for my xtsl that hasn't even arrived yet! My kids had matching cow seats. Now dd has livia and DS is getting a nitro xtsl. I'm thinking shadow would be better. I have issues also.

Cryssy Jane

add me to the issues line... I got an 80sl in shadow just to match the blvd70 in onyx because they're next to each other in the car... previously had 2 matching canyon fr85s. Complimenting radians. I wish I could just put 5 radians in the van and make it work lol. Or 3 rf rns in the back and matching seats in the 2nd.

AbbieJack

I am the same way,I hate mismatched car seats!
DD rides in a Cowmoo Frontier and DS rides(RF) in a Cowmoo RA50. I also have a Cowmoo PSG that my niece rides in and then a Black CA65 that my nephew rides in. I would get DN a Cowmoo seat but i need a skinny seat to fit in his spot so that my other nephew is not smushed LOL . At least the CA65 is black so it simi matches . When i don't have my brothers kids with me i take there seats out so i can have a car of all cowmoo . I will be sad when ds gains 3 more pounds and i will have to move to the CA65 so that he can Rf longer. DS has a TINY torso . He is still on the first slot of the RA50 he is just a hefty little man.

emandbri

Yep, me too. Elizabeth has either the floral radian or sweet pea nautilus in my van. Benjamin is in a black monterey. It hasn't bugged me too much since I needed him in the back row so it was easier to get Elizabeth out for school. Benjamin really wants to sit in the middle row and Elizabeth is out of school.

A friend borrowed the radian and I needed to put the daisy nautilus in my van for my friend's dd so for the last week I've have Elizabeth in the daisy and Benjamin is using the sweet pea as a booster, it is really hard to buckle the sweet pea though.

After I get the radian back I was thinking of putting Elizabeth in it and keeping Benjamin in the sweet pea but that seems irresponsible because the lap belt isn't as low as the monterey.

I could get an envy cover for my pro booster but it doesn't latch and tips when Benjamin falls asleep.

I thought about getting a cybex but it is so short if Benjamin does fit in it he won't fit for very long.

I thought about getting an oobr but the brown and green both have white plastic and that would bug me. It would be very expensive to buy one with black plastic and then buy another cover.

So I'm kind of stuck! ;)

zactayaus

I am completely ocd when it comes to my car seats matching. I am finally ok with them not being the same brand (well kind of), or at least I've learned to live with it for now.:eek: I did just by an RN and a Monterey in Shadow so my boys seats could match both in color and brand.:cool:

jenfrogmom

I am the same way. I have all black and grey in Dh's truck, and all moo in my car (except the dragonfly, but I like the little pop of pink in the third row. :) ). I had radians and Britax, then I sold all the Radians and have all Britax. I like to have the same brands, too. Though I am darn tempted to trade a Frontier for a Prosport. :)

NVMBR02

My sister is the same way!
I'd like to think I'm not as bad. ;) I am okay with the seats not being the same brand and/or not matching exactly but I do like everything to coordinate. DD1 is in a Livia Parkway SGL and Ds just got a Frontier 85 in Maui Blue. I need dd2 in a RFing Radian for our 3 across. I love the Flora cover but just couldn't get it because I didn't think it would look right so I ordered a Shadow cover instead.

So, um, maybe I am just as bad. lol :cool:

Last edited:

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I used to be the same way but then I got over it and some horribly clashing seats for a while. Recently I got all my kids Recaros in midnight and I feel so much better now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

bnsnyde

Mine don't all match. Some do but I just try for no clashing colors. :)
Kids are all at different stages so matching would be hard.

If it's boring gray/black I am happy so the dirt does not show for my RF kids!

SAHDADDY

i wish my seats matched, but they do not, though in my partners car they will go together better once i play car seat swap again
(1 GN in mariposa, one GN in Rachel oh how i could RF emma in his car, it just does not work)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
In MY car, they coordinate....2 FR85's in Canyon (back row) and BV70 in Paisley in the 2nd row. They don't match, but they don't clash either....and are in seperate rows.

In dh's car and the truck....no matchy....2 different brands (Recaro/SKJP and Recaro/Evenflo) and different colors...but hey, I don't have to look at them and he doesn't care as long as I don't buy anymore!

emars002

in my new car I am:eek: It is black exterior and black interior. YDD rides in either a pink sky FR85 or a shadow 80SL and ODD rides in graco HBB in Jenna

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC