More cars sold without spare tires

ADS

Brianna

I really hope they go more the way of offering as an option instead of eliminating it altogether.

I would much rather AAA put my spare on than tow me to a shop :twocents:

chay

Seriously? Wow, I would have never though to ask before seeing this. Considering we've used spares quite a few times (we lived in a construction zone for a few years so we went through tires like crazy) that would be a complete show stopper for me. I can be out of cell coverage 10 minutes from home and throwing a spare on is way faster even if I could call for help.

CommMom

Senior Community Member
I don't think I want a vehicle without a spare. I get that it saves the car company money in producing the vehicle and that it reduces weight, thereby providing some improvement in mileage. But if I do get a flat, then I'm out the price of a tow to get it somewhere to be fixed and I have the added inconvenience of sitting by the side of the road waiting.

I really hope they don't do away with them (and the storage for them) entirely. I just don't believe we'd buy a vehicle with no spare.

Morganthe

It's crazy. It's insane. It takes a second thought. But it really wouldn't bother me too much since all the locations I've driven, the years, the miles, I've never had a flat tire when I wasn't at home. Wierd and true. :p
Now, If I lived somewhere remote, it would not be an option. I"d want a spare along. However, I'm not in the middle of nowhere, cell phone connections are constant and I have international auto club coverage, so I'd be okay with the idea.

Currently, if my tire goes flat, I'm calling for ADAC to fix or tow my car. It's too dangerous to try and change a tire on the shoulder of an autobahn or a narrow country road. In fact, it's advised that everyone wears bright florescent yellow reflector vests and stand on the other side of the barrier if there is one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC