Question Tell me out the RA 65 in a Ody and Prius

mlohry

I have kind of a friend who has a RA 65 SL that is dated from 2009 that she is not using much and is thinking of getting rid of it. I have no experience with RA. After all the bad publicity I am not sure I want one. Might be ok if I buy 2nd hand instead of paying the company.

We are considering getting a Prius for a 2nd car and would need to do a 3 across, it would be next to probably a BB or LR. How does it do in the Prius RF? I am ok with seatbelt or latch in that car.

Might use in our 05 Ody. DD sits middle row passenger captains chair, the best spot for her RF. Really like to use latch in that position so my DS can sneak out of the 3rd row without having to deal with the seat belt. I suppose I could have him go out the driver side with oldest if seat belt only works there.

The seat is in Granite, what's that material like? Is it cool, like better in Summer. We could use the RA as our Summer seat since DD gets so hot in her Cow MA 70.

The RA has a 8 year expiration right?

ADS

creideamh

Ok, well I have the Radian XTSL and when I need 3 across with 2 RFers, I put it in the middle (it allows plenty of space on either side, not enough for big seats, but enough.) Obviously it's a seatbelt install and is plenty secure. I don't have to move the front seats up from where they are (they're usually about halfway back) to install it properly, and it does not touch the front seats since bracing (or even touching) isn't allowed with my car (Prius '06.) The Bubblebum is just fine on either side, and maybe it's just me, but I cannot fit any other booster in either outward position. The Literider FITS, per se, but I'd have to continually pull it out, put the kid in, buckle, then shove it right into place. I can also get a CCO next to it (lots of people have as well.)
Sooo, uhh, I guess my point is, it does just fine. I haven't tried it outboard since a narrow harnessed seat in the middle is usually my biggest problem. I don't know if it would touch the backseats at the position they need to be for me to drive/ride or not. Someone else I'm sure can chime in for that ;)
(Also, I don't use LATCH, especially not with the Radian now.)

creideamh

Also, I have all 3 of those seats you want to fit in the Prius, so if you want me to go play around with them tomorrow, I can.

mlohry

Good to know about the no bracing, no touching, that would for sure come into play. I would for sure have DD on the passenger side if we get a Prius as she only sits well next to me oldest, he's more tolerant and in a tight 3 across, she could get a little touchy, or may I say annoying!

Do you have a BB too??!! Really want to order one!

SavsMom

My radian 80 fit nicely rear facing in the center of my 2010 Prius. I dont have any experience with boosters beside it but can say that I have had 2 adults ride outboard beside it and while it was a little tight it was able to be done.

Sent from my Vortex using Car-Seat.Org

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I was thinking roundabout when you said RA. I think Radian is shortened RN more. The roundabout has been around longer.

mlohry

pippi2077 said:
I was thinking roundabout when you said RA. I think Radian is shortened RN more. The roundabout has been around longer.

Sorry, I think you are right.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC