A few car seat questions

tl01

Does the True Fit Premier with the ARB take up more space from back to front than the regular True Fit?

Also, what is everyone's opinion about which seats are the top 4 seat that take up the LEAST space from back to front.

TIA!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It adds an inch or two to the depth at any angle.

Of my top five, the shortest front to back are the Safety 1st Complete Air, Evenflo Triumph 65, Learning Curve True Fit, Graco My Ride, in that order.

Wendy

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Complete Air? I must be doing something wrong because now that I had to reinstall my CA at 45 degrees, it takes up a HUGE amount of space.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
wendytthomas said:
Not stupid. Then they said again it doesn't if your baby has head control.

Wendy

Where did they say that?

They said it passes at a more upright angle, but they still (to the best of my knowledge) are requiring the 45-degree install.

If people want to make the parental decision to install more upright I'm fine with that. However, with Dorel being as insistent as they are, I don't feel that techs should be saying it's ok.

momtotwogirls

Not stupid. Then they said again it doesn't if your baby has head control.

Wendy

Where did they say that?

They said it passes at a more upright angle, but they still (to the best of my knowledge) are requiring the 45-degree install.

If people want to make the parental decision to install more upright I'm fine with that. However, with Dorel being as insistent as they are, I don't feel that techs should be saying it's ok.

They never said it was ok to install more upright. they said that they did test and it passed at 30 degrees and that older kids are safer more upright but they feel the seat preformed best at the 45 degree angle, no matter the age.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
True, they said it passes testing at angles apparently between 30 degrees and the level with ground line. Parents should take that as they want. I felt before this fiasco, and continue to feel, that since it passes testing like other seats at 30 degrees, it is a viable option for a tight space.

Wendy

jjordan

The new Britax convertibles take up very little front-back space: roundabout 55, marathon 70, boulevard 70/70CS, advocate 70CS.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you just want least space and aren't worried about longevity, you are looking at TF without the top on, CCO, and new gen Britax. MyRide also goes in pretty compactly front-to-back, and will last a bit longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC