Anyone see Oprah today?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Our state coordinator sent out an e-mail to be sure to tell us to watch it. It was about car safety. The first family was in a limo in a head on collision at 70mph, they lost their 7yo dd. The worst part was, I bet it wouldn't have happened (her dieing) if she had been in a booster. She was decapitated by the seatbelt which means it was cutting into her neck, I felt awful for them. The next family was a grandma who accidentally ran over her 4yo grandson b/c she couldn't see him behind her SUV. It just made it more real, than no matter what WE do sometimes, things can happen, and that just made it more important to me to make sure I'm doing the safest thing I can for my kids.

ADS

MySillyKids

I saw 'oprah' on at three on the tv listing, and 'something' told me to watch it. I didnt however, but it will be on again at 9pm! :)

BrookeSLP

Yes, I saw it, but the little girl in the limo was only 7, not in a booster and LAYING down in the seat with the seatbelt across her neck. I'd be willing to bet that if she'd be in a booster, she'd still be here. I wish the show had at least mention that children should be properly restrained at all times.

scatterbunny

I never watch Oprah--darn, wish I had today. I know I would have been bawling.

Did they even touch on the booster issue?

scatterbunny

I wish the show had at least mention that children should be properly restrained at all times.

I guess that answers my question. :( UGH! Oprah sucks. :mad: :thumbsdown: I know her show has been emailed about doing a CPS topic, but it's never happened.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I wish they would've touched on that, but it was more of a focus on drunk drivers instead of actual car safety. It just saddened me that everyone else made it out alive exvept for her, even her 5yo sister who was being held by her mom. :eek: I guess in those cases it would be like blaming the parents and obviously no one wants to do that, even me, it's heart breaking enough to go through I'm sure w/out living w/ the thought that you could've prevented it.

Melizerd

I usually watch Oprah but didn't yesterday. A friend told me about the episode and I'm glad I didn't watch. I heard that the mother was found holding her daughter's head. :( It was a horrible horrible story.

MySillyKids

I ended up watching it last night. I cant imagine finding my daughters head, and holding it.

I also cant imagine loosing one of my kids because someone ran them over :(

We have taken every precausion to prevent that from happening. :( Sad :( Sad :( Sad!

BrookeSLP

I know no one want to blame the parents, and for sure, it wasn't their fault that someone chose to drive drunk. BUT if that little girl had been in a booster she'd be alive. The parents do have some liability.
Locally, we have had a family of 5 kids get hit. All were restrained in car seats or boosters. 3 of the kids died. The parents had done all they could, so accidents are not survivable, despite best practices.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC