just curious

ADS

soygurl

The current CCO (5+ Lbs.) fits tiny babies very well. It has really low bottom harness slots, and substantial infant insert.

However the soon-to-come CCO (3+ lbs.) will have a redesigned, two-piece infant insert (as well as a few other minor changes unrelated to the weight minimum), so the only people who've seen preemies in it are Combi people. Specifically, Vera Fullaway, the Combi Rep. She stated (at a CEU event I attended) that the new version of the CCO had been checked for the lower weight rating though both crash testing, and extensive angle tolerance testing. She even made a joke about how hard it was to find babies that small, who were stable enough to DO the testing, and the time she spend with those preemies. :)

Jocey'sMommy

:love::love: That makes me really happy, I have preemies . . . 1 24 weeker (not with us) and my DD was a 31 weeker and came home barely over 4 lbs
I just :love: when companies think of the tiny preemies

Kobain's Mommy

I know they keep changing the ETA but what was the most reticent one? DH really wants to just get a second one. We love the one we have and I know I'll cry when DS outgrows it by weight. I wish they'd put a higher weight limit on them FRing. At 12 months he was 27lbs but still has about 2-3" above his head.

soygurl

Vera said August/September on facebook a few days ago. When I met her in April she said they'd been having a bunch of problems suppling parts due to the triple-disaster in Japan.

Unfortunately, the wight limits are pretty reasonable for most kids. Has your DS started walking yet? Or is he close? Maybe his weight gaining will slow soon! ;) But in any case, I'd go ahead and get another now if you're thinking about it. Since the RF tether is retroactive, the only new things that would have any effect for you are the non-skid strips on the bottom, and the nicer LATCH mini connecters. :twocents:

At least you'll be able to pass down the seats to your noob in a few months right? :p

mimieliza

The chest clip seems wide, and the crotch strap seems long, to fit such tiny babies. Hopefully the infant insert will help it fit well.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The insert is basically the same as the current insert except that it's in two pieces, so you can remove the head portion or whatever. The overall size and shape hasn't changed.

I never thought of the CCO as having a long buckle, but I haven't looked at it for a while.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC