I have car seat fever!!

momof2kiddos

I WANT A NEW CAR SEAT!!*ahem* for my kids I mean:eek:

I want a saftey seat 1 Sooo bad,and I am totally considering buying one for madisyn if only Dh did not stand in my way:rolleyes:

ADS

scatterbunny

I have it, too. :p I want a few seats right now--mostly a Madison Regent. But also a Radian, sort of. I keep waffling on that one. It's like some twisted desire that I know is wrong but I just can't help but want it anyway (Hayley's probably almost even with the top slots--she's using the top slots on the Husky but most of the time she seems exactly even with the second-to-top slots). :p If the Recaro convertibles really have 19 inch top slots I don't know if I'll be able to resist the pink one. But I know Mark is having a hard enough time figuring out why we should save $$ for a Madison Regent when we've got a Husky already, so I don't think I can convince him on TWO $250+ seats in one year. :rolleyes:

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I just want a new cover for my new Regent.. I'm not sure what I want though.. I'm not too crazy about any of the current choices..

But ITU.. I had major car seat fever until I bought my Regent a few weeks ago.

cdncasper

I understand how you feel...I am trying to convince DH to let me buy a Radian or Apex but he is not budging on the subject. Now maybe if I hadn't bought a $120 Didy wrap last week he might let me buy a new carseat.

Morganthe

Don't feel bad. Since dh is leaving in 10 months and I'll be down to one car afterwards, I have all sorts of issues to figure out. I don't know if I'll keep her in the Start until he leaves & use the Radian in my car afterwards or for long trips. It all depends on once I get the top tether installed and how it works for us.

I'm actually considering a Regent (yeah, ME :rolleyes: ) if we get orders back overseas. I like the new 'girly' one and it would work for dd a long time.

So much to consider. So little money to play with. ;)

Yoshi

I think the fever is going around, LOL! I will have to see the new Recaro, but I'm almost convinced we NEED it. I like the SIP, since my DD is outboard in my car. AND if the slots are 19" it would fit her until at least age 7. But it looks so high on that base- like the Britax convertibles- that pi$$es me off a bit, becaus ewhat big child wants to be near the ceiling and need a step ladder to get in it? I have talked myself out of the Madison Regent because those are not my kind of colors,LOL- and I've owned a Regent and it's overkill....to big and to unwieldy. I only want to harness until age 7-ish.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
oh maybe it's in the air, i've been wanting a new seat for a while now but allie also *needed* one b/c she's out grown the scenera almost. but i also really want to replace abby's trubo for a parkway, but i think if i get her one now she'll think she's getting out the radain which she could still last about a year or two in.

ktmo

Me too!! I want a Radian, but just got a Marathon, so I don't really need it, but still want it. I have been selling things like crazy on eBay, to get enough money to buy one.

Katie

Beckers

Hi all, this is my first post here and I just wanted to tell you that this stuff is contagious!! I found this site just yesterday and after reading for 4+ hours last night, I have already ordered a radian65 for my 4 year old 37# DD. I had her a graco high back booster because I was led to beleive by the labels that it was fine for her! I have already put her back in the her alphaomega and can't wait for the radian!
thank you all for putting such awsome information out there!! I hope we never have to test our carseats, but at least I know my kids will be as protected as possible.
btw- I am thinking of upgrading my 2year old 32# DS from his Touriva top somethign more comfortble and possibly safer...Albee baby has the fisherprice safe voyage for $130 w/ no shipping. Is that a pretty standard price, or should I jump on it? I couold scrape up the money now if the price will jump back up or should I just get him a radian65 as well? I paid $169 for DD....
Sorry probably way to much info in one post!! Thanks for all your help!

Becky
Ally 5/6/2003
Riley 4/25/2005

momof2kiddos

Beckers~
I would go with the FPSVD for your son then when he outgrows it in 2-3 yrs put him in the radian,and your then 6-7 yr old dd either in a booster or a Regent,but by then there might be other cheaper higher weight seats on the market ;),but I have the FPSVD and I love it for my 2 year old(but now my 4 month old is using it),I did have him in a radian but he never slept comfortbly in it because it sits straight up,in the FPSV he has more room to sleep on the sides and just seems for comfy for his young age,he is only 1 month younger then your son :)I hope I helped you some...

Carseats are fun aren't they:p

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
A new Radian is on its way to me, the Parkway box has probably not even been crushed at the recycling center, and I want another seat!!!!!!!!

A Regent is next on our list, but I really can't justify it when Piper has two perfectly good (albeit filthy) Wizards that she fits in well. Plus while a Regent installs well in the middle of my backseat, it procludes anyone else from sitting on either side (haven't tried an outboard installation, I'm going to BRU next week to help a lady shop for seats and make sure they fit, so I'll bring out the Regent and try it out). Nathan said I may be able to get a new car this year, and I'm thinking a minivan mommy mobile, so I could easily put a Regent in a captain's chair. Especially with Piper going to school. That would give me five seating positions in the back for field trips and I'd have a Regent, two Wizards, and two Radians. Everyone in my car would be properly restrained in a five point harness. :) How carseat obsessed am I? I don't know IF I'm getting a new car, or if I did WHAT it would be, and I'm already thinking three across combinations. LOL

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC