My RSTV got here and its over six yrs old!!!!

arly1983

I know they say they do not expire but it is going back the HealthyCheckSystems. :mad: It was a size L and definitely the old style by looking on their website.

ADS

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
You ordered it brand new? Yeesh, that's pretty old. I'd probably call and talk to someone about it.

Sent from my EVO using Car-Seat.Org

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's hugely discounted from the full price, and they stopped making the old style quite a while ago. The same site sells the new ones for more. I'm not surprised, and I'd use it without hesitation. (I'm planning on ordering one from them soon!)

arly1983

It's hugely discounted from the full price, and they stopped making the old style quite a while ago. The same site sells the new ones for more. I'm not surprised, and I'd use it without hesitation. (I'm planning on ordering one from them soon!)

I didn't know any of the above until I started looking. I ordered it off of amazon through them and that was the only option for a large. IF I had known, I wouldn't have ordered it. I would have ordered the newer one.

Its going back either way. The newer version is much Superior in features.

steph_s

When I first ordered my rstv it was several years old as well. I ordered directly from the company. I didn't get any help from them because it doesn't ever expire so they didn't see a need to replace it. I just sucked it up. When I ordered my new style ones I ordered from Amazon and mine wasn't old at all. I'm wondering if because its an old style they discounted it because they never discounted them before like other car seats because they don't expire.

Anyways I like my older style ones a bit more than the newer style ones. They tend to fit better and not have that weird gap in the top when you hook up the top tether. I do like the one clip better on the newer style and the belt guides that are slanted make it slightly easier. All in all they kind of even out in features. My DS swears the old style is cooler which seems weird because its more fabric than the new style.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I prefer the old style because they have a shoulder clip that acts as a lockoff, and the new ones don't. (I frequently use them without the tether.)

Dillipop

My son uses his in my mom's car once a week. She leaves it tethered so that she doesn't have to worry about it not being in the car when she needs it. DS is 8 and has no problems getting himself situated. My almost 5 yo would likely do better with taking the vest out every time and getting it on him outside the car.

PunkyMonkey

Wow, I had no idea these existed. So its basically like a wearable car seat? I'll have to google some more info on these or if anyone knows of a good site. I am just curious... how do you tether this in? I just watched the video of the link to the other post about it and it looks like a lift jacket with seat belts attached -- is that pretty much the structure of it? What materials is it made of? Sorry for all the noob questions lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC