Question Retrofit tether anchor

U

Unregistered

I am trying to install 2 car seats for my twins (both forward facing) in the 3rd Row of my 2006 Chrysler Town & Country minivan. I know that our seats (Britax Marathon classics) recommend the use of the tether anchor. However, our van only has 1 anchor in the 3rd row. I was wondering if someone could point me to an aftermarket kit we could have installed in the vehicle. I'm getting the runaround from Chrysler (they tell me to contact the dealer) and two dealers I've contacted in our area have come up with nothing. Certainly someone has had the need for more than 3 seats to be tethered in their vehicle before, right? I know our vehicle is too new to be part of the service bulletin that allowed older vehicles to have tethers installed by the dealer for free. I'm willing to pay for it, I just don't know where to get the parts that would work for our vehicle!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Unfortunately, vehicles that come factory-equipped with anchors don't have additional approved anchor locations (there are very rare exceptions, but I'm pretty sure this isn't one of them).

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
There *IS* a retrofit available for the Stow&Go version of the later models of Grand Caravans/Town&Country for the 3rd row.

But how old are they? Weight/height? What other children are in the van (age height/weight)? What seats do you have currently (for all children)?

U

Unregistered

We have the town and country 2012. Any way to retrofit the 3rd row for 2 anchors? We need 2 boosters in the back and want the added support of the tether.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC