Car seat help!

PrayzGod

I could really use some advice. My dh has always installed our car seats. Sometime when I moved I misplaced the base to our britax companion. My daughter is 1 month old today and I was trying to use it with out the base but I am just uncomfortable doing it. I never feel like its in right and I am a nervous wreck driving. I had bought the baby a radian to use. Right now I have 1 5 year on in a regent in the back row, 1 2 year old (3 next month) in a boulevard forward facing next to her, in the second row I have another 2 year old (3 next month) in a forward facing boulevard, and then the baby next to her. The regent and boulevard in the back take up almost the whole bench. Since the baby does not like the car I wanted to put the Radian that I had bought for the baby in the back seat to make more room so I could sit back there when dh is driving to calm the baby down. So I was going to then put the baby in the Boulevard rear facing. Okay does that make sense so far? So I have never installed car seats. I get so confused reading these threads and watching the videos. Dh works overtime this weekend and won't be able to switch the seats so I am going to attempt it since we have to go out on Sunday. I keep reading about the latch being loose on the Radians and now I am worried I won't install these right. If anyone has some easy videos to share with me I would really appreciate it. We have a 2006 Honda odyssey.

ADS

babygirlsmom1005

The first thing I would check is that the baby fits into the Blvd. Britax seats are known not to fit little babies due to the bottom harness slots are high (the shoulder straps should be at or below the shoulders for rear facing.....my youngest didn't reach the bottom harness slots until he was 14 months old).

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It's possible--but not likely--that the baby will fit in the Boulevard. The bottom harness slots are rather high, and they need to be at or below her shoulders.

PrayzGod

So what is my best scenario with these seats. I am reading about the latch problem with the radians. So if I leave the boulevard in the back, can I even rear face her in the radian?

babygirlsmom1005

If you arr uncomfortable using LATCH with the radian, it can be installed with seat bel for rear facing. The problem isn't happening with every seat/vehicle combo.

What do you drive? There maybe someone that can help you with the install or already done one in the type of vehicle you have.

PrayzGod

Its a 2006 Honda Odyssey. It seems like that is the one car that is having the most problems:(Is it less safe to use the seat belt?

babygirlsmom1005

I am not sure if its the 70? How would I know. I have one in the cow print and one in the pink flowered print.

How long have you had the Blvds? Britax did a recent redesign on all of their seats and the Blvd 70 is their newer version of what is now called the Classic Blvd.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC