Dissuade me!

Dorothy

Been looking at RA55s as I wasn't sure we were keeping the Scenera. After S1's posts today about testing/passing at 30-45*, I decided to keep the Scenera. THEN I saw an RA55 on sale. I'm having a really hard time resisting...

It would be nice not to have to watch like a hawk that no one reclines the front seat back onto the car seat (since Britax allows bracing). But the RA55 is 4x the cost of the Scenera. This is a secondary seat... Then again, I could sell it and recoup some of the investment when DS is done rfing in it. Will it even get DS to 3 rfing?

Help!

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Ninetales

For some reason the placement of the line on the Scenera seems much more reasonable than on the CA. That combined with the shorter shell leads me to keep using my Scenera. I have it as backup mostly in my mother's Silverado and with one big noodle the angle is fine.

Dorothy

I'm ok with the Scenera being more upright. I get a nice, tight install with a rolled towel. I'm just really hung up on these new gen Britax for some reason. ;) I can't explain it...

Logical me is arguing to leave well enough alone, but not-so-logical me really wants a new seat.

SignCuer

I'm fine with the Scenera more upright. However line to the ground in my van is 39.8 so I haven't had issues with it... and I notice I get better install when its line to the ground. Right now the set up in my van is

3rd row- RF scenera, FF scenera, graco HB TB
2nd row- RF scenera, Frontier

And all the RF scenera is line to the ground and I haven't had problems and the kids haven't complained.

Dorothy

Edit: Nevermind. Just got a harsh reality check. My babies are riding safely, and that's all that matters!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC