Keyfit digs into DD's belly.

purplemama

I happened to notice this because at the Dr.'s we got right in (shocking, I know) and I had to strip her down so they could weigh her. And, ugh, she had horrid marks on her belly. A triangle from the harness and a deep mark from the buckle and a mark from the chest clip. So I tried it looser but any looser and it doesn't pass the pinch test. I never noticed before because I haven't happened to have to get her naked right out of the seat. And I really paid attention the next time I put her in the seat and the everthing just digs into her so bad. I :love::love::love: the Keyfit for ease of use and ease of install but man, I hate the way it fits her. She's still on the 1st slots (12# and 24" at 6 months LOL) so this seat could last her forever. I may have to move her to the BLVD70 sooner than I planned. Not sure she'd even fit yet.
Not a happy camper. Anyone else's kid not fit the harness in the keyfit good?

ADS

todzwife

Are you still using the infant padding? (I think it only goes up to 11 pounds but I could totally be wrong?) Are the next slots under her shoulders? Could you move the straps up?

purplemama

Are you still using the infant padding? (I think it only goes up to 11 pounds but I could totally be wrong?) Are the next slots under her shoulders? Could you move the straps up?

I took the infant insert out at about 10.5 lbs (it does go up to 11). And she's nowhere near the next slot. :(

todzwife

Bummer...I'm trying to think. Could you post a pic of her in it? We had one for DD2 and I don't remember it making marks on her. I'm curious how it fits your LO.

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
When you sit her in it, and make sure her bum is all the way back.... is there a gap between her and the crotch buckle? If there is try putting a receiving blanket rolled up and in the shape of a "U". That gap could be causing her to slouch and arch her back, making her belly stick out and press on the buckles.

purplemama

Bummer...I'm trying to think. Could you post a pic of her in it? We had one for DD2 and I don't remember it making marks on her. I'm curious how it fits your LO.

I'll try to get a pic later.

When you sit her in it, and make sure her bum is all the way back.... is there a gap between her and the crotch buckle? If there is try putting a receiving blanket rolled up and in the shape of a "U". That gap could be causing her to slouch and arch her back, making her belly stick out and press on the buckles.

Hmmm. Yeah, she still has a gap between her and the crotch buckle. I'll try a washcloth or something there (GRRR... that's why I didn't want a snugride so I didn't have to do that, thought the Keyfit would solve that).

FWIW, it doesn't seem to bother her. Myself, I'm bothered by red marks on me, they hurt and anything digging into me bugs me big time. So I try not to do that to my kids, just in case it bugs them too. :eek:

I'll get pics later if possible and try to post them later or tomorrow. I'll try to get some of her in the seat and of the marks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC