Just curious ~ Can this seat rf? Priori by Maxi-Cosi

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
Priori Convertible Car Seat by Maxi-Cosi

http://dreamtimebaby.com/prcocarsebym.html

These are maybe the coolest carseat colors I've even seen... brown & orange! :p

Dreamtime baby calls it a convertable... is this a misprint? Or do they mean something else by convertable?

The UK sites I find it at say it's only approx 20-40# ff... but Dreamtime baby also adds a chestclip to it... does the chest clip make it approved for the US?

Thanks in advance! :D

ADS

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Elitecarseats.com also has this seat. It isn't in stock yet. Their website also says it is rear and forward facing. The base on the seat on Elitecarseats.com looks a little different than the one on dreamtime baby. We had a Maxi Cosi Priori for Lyndsey (in zebra print) when she was little. It was forward facing only for 20 to 40 pounds. She used it for a couple of years then we got a Britax Marathon seat instead.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Priori Convertible Car Seat by Maxi-Cosi

http://dreamtimebaby.com/prcocarsebym.html

These are maybe the coolest carseat colors I've even seen... brown & orange! :p

Dreamtime baby calls it a convertable... is this a misprint? Or do they mean something else by convertable?

The UK sites I find it at say it's only approx 20-40# ff... but Dreamtime baby also adds a chestclip to it... does the chest clip make it approved for the US?

Thanks in advance! :D

It's going to be a brand new version of the old Priori, it WILL rearface 5-35, FF 20-40. Some sites (Elite) are showing the EU version that is only FF 20-40 (no chest clip...I think it's actually the Maxi Cosi Tobi). Dunno if it tethers RF or much more about it, but when it used to be here a few years ago, FF 20-40, it was a NICE seat!!! This page is old, but shows what league of seat it is... http://www.plomp.com/bravsmcp.htm (It was MY first fancy seat...I absolutely LOVED it...so much cheaper than a Britax, and it installed so well I used to just go out to my car and shake the seat and the car out of pure joy...yes, my neighbor caught me and teased me for that, :eek: )

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

That zebra seat was the exact one we had. It was nice but I liked the Marathon better. Actually there were things that I liked about the Priori better and things about the MA that I liked better. It is definately a roomy seat. Too bad it didn't go to 65 pounds. Also, the MA had highest harness slots of the two. I wonder if the new model be the same size.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
bestill my heart.. .how long till it comes out??? Not that I need another seat, but.......

We borrowed a maxi cosi priori and it was DS' favorite seat b/c of the recline on the fly feature. He loved that I could recline him back when he was sleepy...

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
It was MY first fancy seat...I absolutely LOVED it...so much cheaper than a Britax, and it installed so well I used to just go out to my car and shake the seat and the car out of pure joy...yes, my neighbor caught me and teased me for that, :eek:

This is so funny!! It's so reassuring to know I'm not alone in my sillyness!!

I love to move my multiple seats around my van (for my one kid & whoever rides with us!) I often wonder what the neighbor thinks, whose yard is right next to our driveway... At least now the bushes that seperate our yards are full of leaves, so he doesn't get a full view of my crazyness... :p

Thanks for the info on the seat! Any idea when it's supposed to be available? Dreamtimebaby says the end of June... I wonder if it will be in time to use the babytv rebate?? or if babyuniverse will carry it, I have a gift card to their online store, plus they have the rebate too...

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
bestill my heart.. .how long till it comes out??? Not that I need another seat, but.......

Ohh, I completely agree... :love:

& I figure many people have expensive hobbies like drinking or golfing or whatever... I don't really have any expensive hobbies, I'm even a dirt cheap CM scrapbooker, nothing fansy here, keeping it simple & cheap... so I can have carseats as my hobby!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC