vent-i hate the cosco scenera!

hopeforchange

argh! I've been installing the cosco scenera for years now and I hate it. there are some cars I have not been able to successfully install it in RF. then other times when I am able to install it RF, it always slides down the back of the seat and ends up too upright and loose. it doesn't matter how tightly I install it, it always ends up loose.

ok vent over. lol

ADS

tiggercat

Pool noodles should definitely fix the sliding issue, also if you climb in behind the seat and push towards the rear of the vehicle while tightening you will compress it into the seat back enough to stop the movement.
I actually kind of like installing the scenera. Now using it every day is a whole other story, lol.

PunkyMonkey

me too, I must have big hands or something because I scrapped my knuckles all up last time I installed it and they are still all crappy looking a week later! boooo

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That's why I like the Tribute so much better. If only they'd knock a couple bucks off the price to compete with the Scenera....

Brianna

joolsplus3 said:
That's why I like the Tribute so much better. If only they'd knock a couple bucks off the price to compete with the Scenera....

And give it a 40 RF weight limit!

PunkyMonkey

Yeah, I might give away my Scenera and go buy a Tribute. They are much nicer looking for a cheap-o seat and bloody knuckles are never fun! They also seem to have more padding..? Walmart has a nice neutral grey argyle looking one too that I like much better than our scenera.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There's an infant piddle pad-shaped thing and a pillow in most Tributes, I think, but otherwise they are pretty bare bones. Deep seat so kids have lots of leg support RF and FF, though.

cpsaddict

I didn't mind the Scenera until I had to use it for an entire week on vacation. That meant moving it in/out of rentals all week. We were in Hawaii, so it was warm and I was 14wks pregnant. Yeah, there were some curse words flying and I nearly left the stupid thing there. It was a relief to get home to my Marathons. The Scenera is back to emergency duty.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC