true fit premier vs recline- front to back room?

Phineasmama

I am looking around for a new convertible for my DS (he's 2 1/2 and 30 lbs) and I would like to eventually get him a true fit. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the premier or the recline versions would give me more front to back room, since it will need to be installed behind the drivers seat. I have advanced air bags in my CR-V (it's a 2009) and I'm kind of wondering if the anti rebound bar is a good or bad thing when you're trying to fit it in the car...if that makes sense :eek:

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The ARB adds a couple of inches front to back to the seat. The Recline doesn't have anything added front to back over a regular TF.

Wendy

momtoo3

Not trying to take over your thread :). Is the harness adjuster easy to get to on the Recline? I can get to it on the TFP but need a second one and gaining an extra couple of inches would be great if I can still get to the adjuster.

Also is the base different between the TFP and Recline?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Recline and the regular are about the same that way.

The underside on the Recline is different. It's the TFP, but without the ARB. Same yellow handle and recline under there, though. No foot to swing forward.

Wendy

Phineasmama

From the pictures I've seen it looks like the adjuster on the tf recline is up a little bit higher than the original true fit...hoping that's true!

Dorothy

wendytthomas said:
The Recline and the regular are about the same that way.

The underside on the Recline is different. It's the TFP, but without the ARB. Same yellow handle and recline under there, though. No foot to swing forward.

Wendy

In regard to the Recline base- Can anyone tell me the depth, please?

ETA- I can't get 80% of my original TF base on the ext cab back seat and am just curious how the models differ.

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org

momtoo3

In regard to the Recline base- Can anyone tell me the depth, please?

ETA- I can't get 80% of my original TF base on the ext cab back seat and am just curious how the models differ.

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org

The base on the TFP is about 15 inches long. Wendy says they are the same base so I would guess the Recline is the same.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC