Want a Frontier, getting a Maestro.

mimieliza

Somehow I ended up in car seat crisis mode, which DH does NOT understand since we have about a million car seats lying around.

DS, at 13 months, 24 lbs. and 30 inches, is at the RFing limit for height on his SS1 and 40 lb. Roundabout. I have a Boulevard waiting for him (it needs new straps, which have been ordered from Britax). That leaves me needing one more ERF seat for DS.

DD, at age 4.5, 37 lbs. 40 inches, rides FFing in an EFTA and Complete Air. I am going to pass the EFTA on to DS, which means I need a FFing seat for DD.

DH wants to use our Turbobooster. Honestly, DD fits great in it. She also rides PERFECTLY in it, even when she falls asleep. But I would be much more comfortable waiting until she is 5 and 40 lbs. to have her in a booster regularly.

Since we already HAVE the booster, and she seems fine in it, DH does NOT understand why we need a new seat. So there is no way he would be okay with a $200 Frontier, which would be my first choice. I thought long and hard about the Nautilus, but I just can't get over my discomfort with the hard plastic belt guides that end up right next to the child's head - it just seems a little too "Touriva notches of death" to me. Also, DH rolled his eyes at the suggestion of the $140 Nautilus.

I can probably swing a Maestro for $80. I'm not thrilled about it, though. It just seems so insubstantial compared to the Frontier. And it will still create some tension with DH because he is tired of car seats filling up the garage - he feels like we should just use something we already have. He has a valid point, but I'm sure you guys understand my position of wanting a harnessed seat for DD.

Anyway, WWYD? She turns 5 in October.

ADS

mamakc

I would totally get the maestro without blinking an eye. It's a great seat. Then you can have the TB available for rides w/ friends, grandparents, etc without having to mess around in your car.

Dorothy

It's not the same situation, but DD wanted a new seat. I wanted to get her a FR85. But, I just don't see it fitting where we need it. Thanks to a very kind tech on the boards, I now know the Maestro fits the vehicle best. It certainly makes more sense budget-wise. It wasn't DD's pick when we went and sat in seats at the store, but it is more reclined installed. That's her gripe with her current seat- She can get comfy to nap. So, I think/hope she will like it when she tries it out installed. I just can't not try it since it makes the most sense. KWIM?

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org

SavsMom

I got a Maestro last week and I love it. DD prefers it over her Nauti. Installs easy, decent recline when installed and no head slump, oh and great harness height!

Sent from my Vortex using Car-Seat.Org

vonfirmath

We use a Maestro as our main seat. AFter some initial problems (stickers coming up the first summer, the clips that kept the cover down at the legs coming undone) We have had NO problems. It installs easily in multiple cars, with both LATCH and seatbelt.

I might WANT a Nautilus. But this seat works great for us and I keep hearing whispers of folks who are not as happy with the NAutilus anyway.

cookie123

Hmmm. I'm in your shoes, too. Matthew is 33 lbs now. I want a Frontier. But I have an Avenue to rf 2 more lbs. Then it could most likely ff, haven't tried it. I also have a Bolero 40 lb that would work for him. Plus no doubt the Maestro would do better in the 3 across. So I SHOULD get that if anything at all. Then what to do with the Radian. Keep it to ff him in other cars if needed? Sell?

I just really want a new car seat. It's been awhile.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC