News Dorel is issuing refunds for the CA

ADS

InternationalMama

Yeah, I don't understand why they would be issuing refunds. All they have done is announce that people should use it according to the directions...

Can I also get a refund for my Safety 1st Avenue?? :)

Cryssy Jane

I don't understand either but if they want to give me money back for a seat i'm not using I'm ok with that. lol It seems very odd though.

christineka

I don't know why. (Attempting to have good customer relations?) Call customer service to ask for a refund. You will need a receipt and proof that you have destroyed the seat.

Chely7425

Well, if following your sticker makes it recline more than 45 degrees, I would think you have a case for a refund.

I don't agree... it would be like me buying a CCO then expecting Combi to refund me when it was incompatible in my car, or buying an evenflo infant seat and wanting a refund when it didn't fit with the handle down adn 1.5" of clearance.

Cryssy Jane

I wouldn't feel right asking for a refund from a company that did nothing wrong.. it would be one thing if it was a recall, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

True. I think I'd feel kinda bad about it.

Well, if following your sticker makes it recline more than 45 degrees, I would think you have a case for a refund.

This is true but I don't think it's cause for refund. My line makes it recline much more than 45 degrees, but at the same time I don't really feel that's cause for refund.

InternationalMama

Maybe they are aware of the wrath unleashed on Sunshine Kids for not issuing refunds for a vehicle incompatibility issue and don't want to inspire the same reaction. (Of course I know there was more to that, but just drawing the parallel.)

Perhaps they also feel that since their own CS reps were telling people it was okay to ignore the manual that they are at fault if a customer purchased the seat after heeding this advice (as someone on here did).

It seems weird though.

jess71903

Ambassador
My only issue with them is that apparently some people were told by CS reps that it could be more upright and could be used over 40". It sounded Luke just needed to het their story straight.

Sent from my Desire HD using Car-Seat.Org

Stelvis

I don't agree... it would be like me buying a CCO then expecting Combi to refund me when it was incompatible in my car, or buying an evenflo infant seat and wanting a refund when it didn't fit with the handle down adn 1.5" of clearance.

But if the line is level with the ground and that overreclines it past 45 degrees...how is that a vehicle compatibility issue? Level to the ground is level to the ground no matter what car you're talking about. If the manual says 45 degrees but your sticker makes it 55 degrees, then it's not internally consistent with its own directions.

ETA: I do agree that they wouldn't have to offer a refund if someone's only argument is that they wanted to use it at 35 degrees instead of 45 degrees, or have a 41 inch child in it. Unless a Dorel rep specifically told them otherwise.

Chely7425

I don't agree... I also don't think SK should issue refunds for SL issues but that is another issue. Either way, I think it's weird that they are offering refunds.

Brianna

Stelvis said:
But if the line is level with the ground and that overreclines it past 45 degrees...how is that a vehicle compatibility issue? Level to the ground is level to the ground no matter what car you're talking about. If the manual says 45 degrees but your sticker makes it 55 degrees, then it's not internally consistent with its own directions.

:yeahthat: and it seems like this should cause a recall because of the number of seats that are not at 45 when the line is level

momtotwogirls

I jsut called and was told that they cant offer a refund unless there is a defect to my seat. I then asked about a true 45 degree angle or the level to ground line which makes it more than that and was advised to use it at more than 45 degrees if thats what the line makes it.

christineka

I jsut called and was told that they cant offer a refund unless there is a defect to my seat. I then asked about a true 45 degree angle or the level to ground line which makes it more than that and was advised to use it at more than 45 degrees if thats what the line makes it.

Perhaps they are changing their policy now! Or, you got the wrong rep.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I don't know why. (Attempting to have good customer relations?) Call customer service to ask for a refund. You will need a receipt and proof that you have destroyed the seat.

Why would the seat have to be destroyed?? Is it defective?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC