can anyone provide pictures of 5-6 yr. old in a buckled Frontier?

AnnieW625

DD1 (born 4/4/06) is 42" tall, and 41 to 42lbs (estimate) with clothes on. DD1 has been riding in Graco Turbo Booster in my DCP's car three days a week to and from preschool; it's a 10 minute drive from the DCP's house for the last year. DD1 is very well behaved in the car and takes being safe and buckled in her seat very seriously. She has been asking me to use a seat belt because that's what she has been doing since school started last year, and I think she may be ready for it. The jury is out as to whether or not I will do it or not, but I thought before I agree to try it I would like to see some photos of 5 to 6 yr. old kids in the Frontier when it is used in booster mode.

She is currently in a harnessed Frontier 80 in my Pilot, and a harnessed Safegaurd Go in DH's 01 Corolla.

Thanks so much!

ADS

aeormsby

Here's a picture of my DD just trying out the seatbelt for comparison (the seat was still installed with Latch and the recline bar forward since it was installed for harness use, but the seatbelt fit was very good). This was shortly before she turned 5, right around 40lb and probably 42-43"(?).

100_2607.JPG

The frontier fits most kids quite well as a booster.

2BunniesMommy

That is very close to my daugheter's stats. I don't have a pic and it is also installed in harness mode like PP, so I am not sure of her fit with the 80. I did try her in the 85 with the recline in booster mode and the fit was great.

asch884

I have the Frontier 85 for my 3.5 year old. He sits in it harness but I put him in it as a regular booster just to see were he fit in it. It was also still latched into the car with the recline bar set for harness mode.

It fit in it really well, the belt was not on his belly but lower were it is suppose to be and the shoulder belt also was were it was suppose to be. I was very suprised he fit in it so well. Now keep in mind he is very tall that is why I got this seat. He is 42 inches and 35lbs.

Just to clarify he sits in this seat harness as I am not comfortable with a 3 year old in booster I just wanted to see what it looked like on him.

AnnieW625

Well we tried her in the seat last night and she asked me to put her back in the harness. She though the bottom strap was too loose and it was honestly a pain for her to buckle herself in the Pilot (I wish there were extenders for the female end of the seatbelt stalk). I think we will revisit the issue once she has grown a few more inches, and is closer to 6.

Thanks for posting the photo, and for the comments.

VoodooChile

I have the a Frontier 80 in an 06 Pilot, and my dd is a bit taller than yours--I'll try to get a pic tomorrow so you can see how it might look in a few inches.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC