Any love for the como?

opheliajoy

I've never seen one in person... And I scarcely can find anything about it at all.

From what I think I've read in the facts data base, though, it seems like it may be a great RFing seat for a lean long torsoed child?
What's the deal with this seat? Does anyone love it? If not, what are the reservations people have with it?

And at what angle does it have to be at rearfacing, officially.

ADS

Lenae

I think what most people dislike about it is the extreme lack of legroom RF. I could be wrong, I never owned one, but I think I am remembering correctly.

cpsaddict

We used a Signo, which is the same shell and OMG, the lack of legroom was insane. This is coming from someone that uses Britax seats daily. The Signo/Como is HUGE and I had to almost fold DD in half to get her in at 18mths old. About the only good thing about it rf is the harness adjuster, which is very smooth. FF, the seat is great, not so much RF.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
We have a Como in DH's car and one in my Mom's. The seat is quite nice, DS seems very comfortable but he's not that long yet. I am wondering how things are going to work in the future with the lack of legroom. There is a poster here that had her DD ERF in either a Como or a Signo until 3 or 4 I think. I will try and remember who that is.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Very very little legroom, high up on a base and a tall seat so requires a lot of room, and will not accommodate a typically sized child anywhere close to 70# FFing.

Kelly2164310

We have two Signos in the back of a Lexus IS250 that my 10 month old and almost 3 year old ride in RF. I use the car for commuting to work during the week so typically the kids only ride in it running errands on the weekend. There is a definite lack of leg room and the sides of the shell make it difficult to get a kid in (especially in a car that already has a tiny backseat) but otherwise I've liked it. The kids seem comfortable despite the lack of legroom and have never complained.

Edited to add: The almost 3 year old has always been very average in both height, weight and proportionate - neither leggy nor long torso.

Joyofbirth

We have much love for the Como in dh's truck. It's a really great seat, but the leg room is insane. We love it as a FFing seat for our bigger girls. An my baby loves it. But the leg room is getting too tight, even though she doesn't really complain. She doesn't ride in it very much or for very long. My dh has the long plastic covered buckle stalks and this seat fits the best with those. It doesn't fit in my captain's chair in my van rfing at all.

PunkyMonkey

When I posted about my ProRide this user wrote that their DS is in his Signo at 4 years old: abigaylebelle! Maybe she can send you a pic!

I heard that they are very similar to the ProRide and my 5.5 mo old babe will definitely need a different seat to RF as long as possible because while i LOVE the seat its really snug in the shoulder and leg room areas.

Kiss Me Deadly

We've had 2, and love them! My 3.5 year old is FF now, but it was her primary seat. My 2.5 year old is still in hers with no issues. When she outgrows it RF, I fully plan on buying ProSports for both of them. I've got oodles of love for Recaro...

disbugsmomma

I have a Como and I love it! If dd has a choice between that and the TF, she will most often choose the Como. :love: She rf in it until she was 3 and never complained about the lack of legroom, but she is short. :p

bugcomo-1.jpg

abigaylebelle

When I posted about my ProRide this user wrote that their DS is in his Signo at 4 years old: abigaylebelle! Maybe she can send you a pic!

I heard that they are very similar to the ProRide and my 5.5 mo old babe will definitely need a different seat to RF as long as possible because while i LOVE the seat its really snug in the shoulder and leg room areas.

Yeah that was me. We love the signo g2 but haven't tried the como. My ds fits nicely in it both rear and forward facing. I don't find it any narrower than his blvd70. As far as rearfacing legroom I think it depends on the shape of the vehicle seats as well as the seat pan on the carseat. He fits in it the same as disbugsmomma's little girl.

djma

We have had a signo and now a proride and love them! The lack of leg room could be an issue, but DS2 never complained and DD has never complained. I personally like seats with high sides and to me the base isn't an issue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC