DS2 and the CCO

tl01

How much time do you think he has left in the seat? I'm sure it could be slightly different in the car but the line is just about parallel with the floor. Excuse the mess... The maid is off for the weekend;). The straps look like they are above his shoulders but the cover isn't matching up well with the slots right now. They are just below his shoulders. DS2 is 13 months and 24 lbs.

cda80c1d.jpg

ceeba8f0.jpg

4b51f145.jpg

6d736634.jpg

2a6b2f5f.jpg

ADS

luckyclov

I don't know, I'm notoriously awful at estimating growing room by picture, but his little lippies and piece of belly chub are very cute!:p

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Not much. :( Especially if it's anything like mine, where the cover extended about an inch over the top of the shell, making it look like there was more room than there really was.

tl01

Not much. :( Especially if it's anything like mine, where the cover extended about an inch over the top of the shell, making it look like there was more room than there really was.

It is yours;). The cover is snug though.

Seriously... He's only 13 months. It was supposed to last longer. Ugh!

monstah

Wow he is adorable! :love:

I agree he has hardly any time left. :( Maybe if he was older but he is in peak growth spurt age. If that was an infant seat, I'd be suggesting you start shopping for a convertible. (Preferrably one that accommodates very long torsos! ;)

Sent from my Nexus One using Car-Seat.Org

tl01

I Was hoping I was overly imagining the need for a new seat. Usually I'm all about new seats but I need something small for DH's car. I'm thinking an RA55 now. You think I can get another month or two out of it.... How much space do you see?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Does he lose or gain any room in the car?

It's hard to say for sure from the angles, and I'm not always the best judge, but I'd say he has an inch at most. How long that takes depends on how/how fast he grows, obviously.

I wouldn't bother with an RA55. I don't think that's going to do much for you. You need a tall shell, so you're looking Radian, a misused Complete Air or TrueFit.

Anna just outgrew her Coccoro so I went Complete Air, but we know how that turned out.

I stuck her in the MyRide at Target and was NOT impressed with how little room she has left. But I figure her rate of growth has slowed enough that it'll buy me a little more time until something else (hopefully) comes along.

With your kid being a year younger, though, and already being so tall and probably still growing fast, it probably wouldn't work for you.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, well the CCO lasts like the original Roundabout. :p Car seat shoppinh if fun, right? Right?!?

tl01

Does he lose or gain any room in the car?

It's hard to say for sure from the angles, and I'm not always the best judge, but I'd say he has an inch at most. How long that takes depends on how/how fast he grows, obviously.

I wouldn't bother with an RA55. I don't think that's going to do much for you. You need a tall shell, so you're looking Radian, a misused Complete Air or TrueFit.

Anna just outgrew her Coccoro so I went Complete Air, but we know how that turned out.

I stuck her in the MyRide at Target and was NOT impressed with how little room she has left. But I figure her rate of growth has slowed enough that it'll buy me a little more time until something else (hopefully) comes along.

With your kid being a year younger, though, and already being so tall and probably still growing fast, it probably wouldn't work for you.

I haven't had a chance to try it in the car yet.

I don't think the TrueFit or CA will fit in DH's car. I'm not for a CA anyway;). I'm going to have to put DS1 behind DH and then see how much space I need to ride in the car. Hopefully I'll get to test it in a few days. Maybe he's just about to sprout leg length instead of torso! I can hope right!

Rebelnicky04

Aw this post made me kind of sad to think I might only get a year or so use out of a CCO after the baby gets here :( I guess I didn't realize how small they truly are!

monstah

13 month olds are just SO unpredictable. :p He might grow by centimeters for the next 6 months or you might wake up next week and he is over the top. KWIM?

Sounds like you need a Britax convertible. It might not get him RF to 4 but it should buy you a couple years. I hope. :cool:

Aw this post made me kind of sad to think I might only get a year or so use out of a CCO after the baby gets here :( I guess I didn't realize how small they truly are!
You should be good since most kids can RF until about 2 years old. Her cutie pie's torso is def longer than average. Some people here have three+ year olds that still fit and at least one kid I can think of outgrew it before 1. ;)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Rebelnicky04 said:

Kids do outgrow it early but usually not THAT early. tl01's kid just wants to drive his mom crazy, that's all.

tl01

Kids do outgrow it early but usually not THAT early. tl01's kid just wants to drive his mom crazy, that's all.

Totally true:). He isn't even that huge... and he has legs... not just torso so I really can't figure it out. He's between 80-85% for height and weight. Maybe it's his huge noggin. I'm thinking he might have more room in the car or once he settles into the seat. When I put him in the other day, I really didn't think he would have such a small amount of space left.

Kat_Momof3

his shoulders would make you think he'd have more room... he's just got a good sized noggin (which means he's gonna be tall, since kids grow into their heads)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC