radian XTSL or TFP for 2mo baby?

mom22boys

CPS Technician
Just wanted to solicit some opinions. My 2 month old little guy has severe reflux. Every.single.time I put him in his bucket he either starts spitting up, screams, hyperventilates, or a combination of all of them. I've heard that putting reflux babies in a convertible seat can help with this b/c they're at a better angle (more upright)...
Right now he's HATING his graco snugride (22lb limit), so my options are DS's TrueFit Premier or our spare Radian XTSL. The TFP just seems a lot cushier for a baby. It'd be easier to give him the Radian and leave my 2yo in his TFP, which he's completely happy in. Why rock the boat, right?

Thoughts?

ADS

sunnymw

Both fit little ones really well, but the TFP will take up less room rear facing. While I may put a 2mo slightly more upright, it would still be pretty reclined because of paranoia about keeping the airway open.

I say try them both! Give them a few days and see how things go.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

Wy`sMom

mom22boys said:
Just wanted to solicit some opinions. My 2 month old little guy has severe reflux. Every.single.time I put him in his bucket he either starts spitting up, screams, hyperventilates, or a combination of all of them. I've heard that putting reflux babies in a convertible seat can help with this b/c they're at a better angle (more upright)...
Right now he's HATING his graco snugride (22lb limit), so my options are DS's TrueFit Premier or our spare Radian XTSL. The TFP just seems a lot cushier for a baby. It'd be easier to give him the Radian and leave my 2yo in his TFP, which he's completely happy in. Why rock the boat, right?

Thoughts?

The TFP cover is super easy to remove and clean if your baby is super spitty you might want to consider that. I have a TFP and the cover is a breeze to remove and reinstall. I don't own an XTSL but have read on here that the cover is harder to remove.

cookie123

I just thought I'd add that you could try your infant seat more upright, too. Also, I wanted to make sure that you knew not to put the harness in the washing machine or use harsh cleaners on it. Follow manufacturer's instructions.:)

jess71903

Ambassador
The TFP cover is super easy to remove and clean if your baby is super spitty you might want to consider that. I have a TFP and the cover is a breeze to remove and reinstall. I don't own an XTSL but have read on here that the cover is harder to remove.

:yeahthatlove:. It's something I love about the TF and TFP. I'd definitely try the baby in the TFP first, because of that and the room the RN takes up RF, and then if that doesn't work, switch them.

lovemybabies924

The TFP didn't fit my baby at 2m the harness is too far spaced. At almost 6m it's still not fitting. The radian fits perfect :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

mom22boys

CPS Technician
good point on the covers!!! The last time I took the radian cover off to wash it (it had been stored for awhile), it took me FOREVER to get that stupid thing off. Any cover that requires tools to remove gets a HUGE fail in my book.

We have a 05 odyssey, so the RF space isn't an issue... I think I'll try the radian first just because it's not DS's main seat. It's our backup seat and used for travel. LOVE that thing on airplanes. Last time I flew I used a travelmate with it and literally wheeled it right onto the plane to our seats. A total lifesaver as I was 6m preggo with #2 here.

I digress... will post pics, regardless.

Ds2 now weighs 11lb10oz fwiw.

momtotwogirls

I would try both first. i bought the TFP for my youngest at 10mo and it didnt fit her the harness kept coming off her shoulders and now at 2 if is finally fitting.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC