Opinions on this trade. Is this "fair", what to add?

2boys3girls

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not. And I know this question may be hard to answer without having a look at each seat. I'm just wondering if anyone cares to give me their opinion on this particular trade, possibly taking place between my sister and me. Her late '09 RNXTSL for my '10 Nauti. I cannot remember the month of my Nauti. that's all I know about her seat. Mine is in pretty good condition. I'm hesitant to use the words "very good conditon", but it "possibly" could be classified as such. I don't think there are any stains on it, maybe a small-ish one on the seat part, about the size of a quarter or so. It's the gray-ish with purple trim. There are two small "nicks"on the foam on each arm rest. So, any opinions on the trade values of each? I would use her seat for my 43 lbs. 6 1/2 year old to FF. She would use mine for her 40lb 5 yr old in harness mode. thanks! :)

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Well.... if the Nautilus is about $130 retail and is a year old, I'd say it's worth about $100, and if the Radian is about $250 retail and is two years old it's worth around $170.... I dunno, if it were my sister or a close friend I'd probably just swap... if you're really concerned about making it even, give her $50... but I've swapped/extended borrowed seats with a close friend I trust from time to time and we never try to mess with value.

2boys3girls

Thanks.... ^ ..... that's helpful. :) I really didn't know the Nauti was so inexpensive. I haven't been checking prices lately. I think i paid a lot more when i bought this a year ago, or so. But yes, i understand that things decrease in price, as time goes on. I really want another XTSL, as long as i can get them all to fit. I didn't mention that my sister borrowed her seat to a friend who's kid soaked it in pee. My sister said it has very little to no pee smell. IDK, I'm just desp. for an XTSL. I have a MR65 I could sell, and this Nauti, and then I could buy another XTSL (with added cash I suppose). ?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Uhh yeah the pee part makes me say even trade too lol.

The Nauti is like $170 if you buy it in store at inflated BRU or Target prices... but at pretty much all the major online retailers (amazon, diapers, walmart, albeebaby...) it's $130-140.

Do you have a Kohls card? They're doing 30% + Kohls Cash right now, so you can order a Radian from kohls.com... the XTSL is $326, the 80SL is $294 and the 65 is $250, so take 30% off that makes $229, $206, or $175 plus for every $50 you get $10 back in Kohls cash so you could get another $30 or $40 back for other stuff.... that's usually about the best Radian deal on the web. I'm not much for credit cards, but the Kohls card is worth it for all their coupons IMO!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC