Should I return?

armyfam

I got my Radian XTSL in the mail today from Amazon. I was very excited to see the DOM only being 2 months old. I then noticed a stain on the harness. I flipped the seat around and saw stains and scratches on the bottom of the seat and part of the foam cushion ripped. Under the cover. The tags are all on the seat. What do you think? I live in Korea so I am frustrated that I may have to return the seat. I will order another from amazon because they ship here for free. What does a radian look like new out of the box when it comes to bags and tags? Do they all come with display instructions as well? Thanks!
Btw- this is my first time attaching a photo on my iPod. I hope it works ok.

ADS

Kobain's Mommy

I guess I'd call, if you can, or at least email Amazon. Did it come direct from Amazon or a third party selling on there? I guess with a stain, scuffs, and padding missing for the price of thsoe seats it should be new without issues. Either it was a display model somewhere and shouldn't have been sold or someone bought it and returned it.

2BunniesMommy

I would return it. I would not be comfortable using it. Who knows what life it has seen, even though it is only 2 months old.

armyfam

Yes, the registration card was attached. I called amazon and they are sending me another seat. Because I have to use a post office, they can't send me a prepaid label. I have to Pay for shipping and get reimbursed. A small toy I needed to return to amazon this year cost 11 dollars in return shipping. I Wonder how much radian shipping will be? Not excited to find out!

Kat_Momof3

first, check that you ordered a brand new one, because amazon also sells used things, including carseat.

and then definitely send it back, after contacting them to make sure it won't be resold.

actuallyamanda

:thumbsdown: I'd definitely return it too! Even if it hasnt actually been used, its just too scuffed and looks like it was mistreated in some way.

lovemybabies924

call amazon and ask for a full refund on the seat, you will have to pay shipping back, but tell them that you want store credit for the full amount of shipping, then use the store credit for your new seat. i got scammed by an amazon seller (knowingly sent me the wrong model of seat when i confirmed w/him it was the model i needed) and amazon said i had to pay shipping back but that they would reimburse me w/amazon credit :)

Rebelnicky04

Glad you are returning it. I buy open box seats sometimes (about 10 in the last 2 years) and I've never even had one of them come in that kind of shape. I would be concerned that it has been severely mistreated by both the scratches and the staining. You definitely did the right thing :thumbsup:

armyfam

Rebelnicky04 said:
Glad you are returning it. I buy open box seats sometimes (about 10 in the last 2 years) and I've never even had one of them come in that kind of shape. I would be concerned that it has been severely mistreated by both the scratches and the staining. You definitely did the right thing :thumbsup:

Thanks! Dh is dropping it by the post office tomorrow. I was excited to wake up to my email this morning saying that the replacement seat has already shipped! Less than 12 hours from calling for the return :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC