Lovely install yesterday!

SPJ&E

I had installed one of our Scenera's RF center in my dad's car for when Pacey rides with him. I told him he could also use it for his gf's grandson, who is 15 months old. His parents have him FF though and won't turn him back RF...and he supposedly gets carsick. My dad knows about ERF and doesn't agree with having him FF. He's also a State Trooper...but as we know here, that means nothing when it comes to carseats.

Anyway, when we went over yesterday, Alisha noticed the Scenera FF outboard and asked me if I put it like that...of course I didn't. My dad's gf had installed the seat for her grandson and OH MY GOD!!!

I opened the door to see that the recline foot wasn't out and the seat was leaned back and tipped up on the side. I said "Now watch..." to Alisha. I grabbed it and pushed/pulled it and it moved all over the place, eventually tipping completely onto its side because the shoulder belt wasn't locked.

I was just...amazed that they thought that was okay. I'm guessing my dad never even looked at it, but still...you could easily see at a glance that it wasn't right.

Alisha wanted to fix it, so I let her do it. I told her about twisting the buckle stalk down and she installed it herself and got it rock solid! I was/am SO proud, lol. I mean that thing was not moving at all...it was an awesome install! I couldn't have done a better job myself! That was the very first time she had EVER installed a Scenera and the very first time she'd ever installed a seat FF.

I got my dad to come and feel it...to try to get the point across that that's how it should be. I also told him that the shoulder belt had to be locked. I'm hoping they just won't touch it! I told him he should look into getting top tether anchors installed...so I'm going to get him the number and everything so he can do that.

He also asked me, after I got him to look at it and feel how tight it was, "Now would you feel comfortable with him (Pacey) riding in it like that just for the little time he's with me?" I...without even giving it a thought...it just rolled right out..."Not a chance in the world!" LOL. He does not ride with my dad...I put the Scenera in there RF a month ago and he hadn't ridden in it...but still, he will not ride FF at all until he absolutely has to.

I am just so proud of Alisha for taking an interest in carseats now...asking me questions and wanting to learn how to install them and everything. At first (about 10 months ago), she thought it was stupid that I still had Pacey rear-facing...she just didn't know anything about it. Now...she is all for extended rear-facing (wouldn't let me turn him FF if I wanted to, I don't, but you get the point) and is always asking me questions and wanting to learn more. A few weeks ago, she wanted me to show her how to install their seats (Marathon/Decathlon) and she installed them perfectly. I think she complains about misuse more than I do now, LOL!

Okay, I'm done...I'm just really bored, so I thought I'd tell you all about that! I wish I could show pictures of before and after, but of course it was the ONE time I didn't take my camera with me (and I take that thing everywhere)!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC