Ugh!

MommaWhitney

So my MIL bought a parkway at a local baby store. I came to her house today to play with it and register it. While Im looking I see a mgf date of may 2009!!! WTH we paid full price for a 2yr old seat!! I called them back and asked about returning it for a newer model. I asked if they had any from 2010 or 2011. They said no. I asked if I could rerurn and order one. They will call me back. If they dont Ill be so mad!! I cant get cash back only credit. This seat would only last till my oldest was almost 10. And she is small, no chance of being ready for seat belt only before it expires!!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

ahgirls

That sucks! If you can't get your money back. Could they give you at least a discount for 2 yr old seat?

MommaWhitney

I dunno. Its been almost 2hrs now and no one has even called me back. Somehow I doubt it.
Ill probably have to end up returning it and paying my mil and Ill use the credit for school uniforms :-/

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Call Britax and explain to them what happened. They have excellent customer service and they may step in. It is not right for a store to sell a seat at full retail when it has lost 2 years of its useful life sitting on a shelf.

MommaWhitney

My MIL called the store again and explained she bought the seat ect and they said they were still trying to figure it out. Im not sure exactly what they are figuring out.
We dont want cash back. We want to retun the seat and order another. Thier return police is that you can return with receipt within 30 days for store credit. I dont understand? I cant use store credit to order something or did you just notice child restraints expire and this one is OLD! Whats scary is that they had no idea they expired. How much you wanna bet people have bought expired seats at full price? UGH! This is what I get for trying to buy local and support local stores.

I may call Britax

MommaWhitney

Well they called back and its not good. They first offered me a $35 store credit. I said why not cash. Well then I ask if I could return it and get store credit and she said yes as long as I had the reciept and that it hadnt been 30days since I bought it. I told her I wanted to do that and order a new one. She said a new one would be a year to two years old anyway? I told her I bought 2 seats in april that are both 2011 seat and I didnt understand why it couldnt be a 2011 seat but I would still rather a 2010 seat over a 2009 seat. Well then I got a "we arent ordering another seat". I told her yesterday the store employe was going to order me one in cowmoo but I wanted to see about a tech discount first. But now they wont order one. They said they are no longer going to sell britax, they will only sell what they have. Even though they were going to do it yesterday for me???

So Im stuck with either a 2yr old booster and a $40 store cedit OR a $130 credit at a store I never shop at(and dont want to anymore). I assume my MIL will return it and Ill pay her $130 for the credit and use it to buy a few baby shower gifts and uniforms. Ugh :(

I dunno who Im more frusterated with me for not looking or them for even trying to sell that to me. And I hope to god they arent selling expired seats to unknowing parents. And I have a feeling Ill run into this again down the road with someone else.

MommaWhitney

And I will have to wait till monday to call Britax, although Im sure there isnt much they can do :-/ but its worth a shot I guess and atleast tell them about this store.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
So Im stuck with either a 2yr old booster and a $40 store cedit OR a $130 credit at a store I never shop at(and dont want to anymore). I assume my MIL will return it and Ill pay her $130 for the credit and use it to buy a few baby shower gifts and uniforms. Ugh :(

Did your MIL use a credit card to pay for the booster seat? If so, maybe the credit card company would be willing to get involved.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Is this just a local independent brick and mortar store? If they have any kind of up the chain folks you could call, I would do that. Or at least see if you can directly speak with the owner. As someone who works in a small independent business - I know at this point we would just give you your money back to make it be over.

And really, I don't see how ANY store could have a return policy that they will not give you cash back on an item that is brand new (well, heh) with your original receipt that you paid cash for.

MommaWhitney

Its just a local independent baby store. I try and shop local cause I support local buisnuss. I even try to only buy US made product. I normally buy my baby stuff from another local store because my friend works there. But since they dont sell car seats I buy at walmart target ect except this time because this store sold Britax (normally Im a graco customer and they dont sell graco) but I wanted the safe guard. And even though I can get it at target I went local because I prefer to keep my money local. And as far as car seats go my MIL just buys what I say.
I have a friend who has the owners info so hopefully I can speak with him. Cause I just dont understand why one day I can order a new seat and the next I cant? That makes no sense. I dont want money back, I want the seat, I just dont want a 2009 model

jaded

OMG, I know the exact store you are talking about, I got my Britax Starriser/Comfy there(back in 1999) Luckily, they had to order it in for me. The owner is a major JERK. when I was in there, i pointed out that the Century 590(or whichever one it was with the weird base) they had was close to expiring, AND recalled because of the handle. The owner told me to bugger off. He was sexually harassing his employees too.

and to think I drove over an hour(we were at Ft Polk) to get the seat. Needless to say, I never went back to that store. If I were you, I would just call Britax and explain the situation to them.

MommaWhitney

Oh thats fantastic :-/ I was told by a friend she had his contact info to call. O well. Ill try Britax and if not Ill just use the credit on bows, uniforms, and baby shower gifts. And then be done. Ill never recommend them to anyone though. And Im sure Ill run into this problem again with someone elses seat.

Anyone here own or worked at a store that sold car seats? What do you do with older seats? Sell them at a discount send them back to the mfg? Im just wondering.

jaded

I thought the store ended up under water during Katrina? Or did it end up in a new location then?

Yeah, I told others on base to avoid going there after my experience.

MommaWhitney

We werent effected by Katrina. We got hit by Rita a few weeks later. They had damage Im sure but restored their location. About a year or so ago they moved to infront of our mall. Its where macy's had thier kitchen and home stuff. So they are a bigger store now.

jaded

Ahh..okay that's right, I knew Lake Charles was hit by one of them, we were back "home" by that time.

Chely7425

Makes me glad I just ordered my seats online.. we had contemplated driving out there to see stuff in person first (we are at Fort Polk right now) but... glad we didn't waste our time!

MommaWhitney

We ended up just returning it getting the store credit and buying uniforms, which I needed anyway. I just wont go back there unless a friend needs help trying out a seat there. I wont advise buying from them since thier return policy is slightly retarded! If I need to try out something Ill just drive somewhere else.

I talked with britax and they were nice but really couldnt help me. It was a bit stange because they never ask for the model number or anything. But I didnt have time to call back for someone else because my MIL just wanted it to be over and done with.

Now Ill need to figure out what to do about getting a booster to booster train DD. I dont want her in anything but the parkway. It fits her well and I really like the idea of the safe guard. And Id like to get the sgl so I dont have to worry about it being buckled.

AnnieW625

Huge bummer! I would order a seat from Amazon. I got my BLVD 70 from there a few weeks ago and it was made on May 10th so it was 14 days old when arrived on my doorstep. Plus they have free returns. Good luck!

MommaWhitney

We orders an SGL today from Amazon for $112+$15 for shipping. HOPEFULLY it will have a recent date of manufacture. I really need those 6yrs! My DD is 6 and small! She will need a booster for at least 6yrs getting her to 12.
If it comes in with a recent date Ill order one for my van too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC