Question Speaking of the angle of the CA...

Joddle

Does you guys have any seats that recline with a base, like this?

RFing: http://www.raa.com.au/MediaLibrary/...Child restraints/weblarge_4-7yrs Premier.jpeg

FFing: http://www.karlisles.com.au/images/safensound/Safe n Sound Premier CamelSuede.jpg

So the base is level on the seat at all times, and the recline lever changes the recline on tracks in the base.
There is only one recline setting for RF: 45 degrees.
Would you make a "parental decision" to use this on the most reclined FF mode while RFing for a toddler (works out to be about 30 degrees).
Britax came back with the same "we can't recommend this" so I'd like to know your thoughts :)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Sure. The Triumph and Momentum, all of the Britax convertibles, Complete Air LX, most of the AOEs, Maxi Cosi Priori, I'm sure there are more.

I wouldn't go against the mechanical recline position unless it was allowed (for instance, I believe the new Smart Seat allows for two or three positions rear facing, and many carseats have one or two forward facing recline positions). I wouldn't want the seat to be mechanically in the wrong place for the crash forces it was about to withstand. But I'd happily pull seats away from the bight and add weight to the feet to get them more upright if necessary.

A seat similar to the first seat you linked came into a check I worked last weekend. I didn't take the car, but I think everyone there who had a minute went over to see it. Holy straps, Batman! Lap portion, shoulder portion, antirebound bar, two tether straps. No wonder you guys only rear face to six months! I'd be so sick of getting baby in and out of that after six months I'd want to flip forward too. What an unbelievable hassle. It would be a maze to get the baby in and out. Do they really have ten year expirations, or was the mom making that up?

Wendy

finn

They do have a 10 year expiration.

I have used those seats, I leave them in recline mode (rf mode) but by putting pressure on the area where the babies feet go I can get it pretty upright, it does help that I have very slope-y seats :)

I used to loosen the top tether every time to get the baby in and out, it made it a bit easier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC