recline angles for other companies?

laudymama

With all of this talk about the CA's and the recline "requirement" I was wondering....as a tech what we tell people on recline for older kids, what does SKJP say about the radians? I have only just recently seen the manual and wasnt overjoyed with the seeming lack of info in it. All it said was 45* and unless I overlooked it, did not notice it said that it could be installed more upright than that. I know a few brands give a range in their manual or like the MR have a level built in where it just has to be in the green. Anyone know straight from the company about radians? This may have already been discussed but I wasn't sure and curious....

ADS

Aurezalia

The company says any angle greater than 45* is fine. (Measured from horizontal.) So anything more upright than 45* is acceptable, according to SKJP.

Aurezalia

In fact, I just grabbed my manual from next to me to give you a page number. :)
On page 14 of my XTSL manual (As well as pages 16 and 18) there is a picture illustrating the proper recline angle for the seat. Measuring from horizontal, it states "45* or greater".

Aurezalia

And one more, since it's easier to see pictures than try to explain them, here's the image itself:

Radianangle.png

This is straight out of the manual itself. :)

laudymama

Thanks so much! I was in the store quickly looking through it just to get a little familiar with it since I had never played with one and must have seen the 45* and just looked right over the "or greater" part in my rush to try it out in the car:eek: The pic helps!

christineka

I know the combi zeus manual states that the line MUST be parallel to the ground, but Vera from combi says it doesn't have to be parallel for an older baby. The true fit recline and true fit premier are allowed to be installed at 35-45 degrees when rfing.

opheliajoy

ketchupqueen said:
And the original true fit states 45 but Learning Curve states up to 35 is acceptable.

How did they state this? Is it in writing? Understandably, I'm nervous about angles!!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you call they will give it to you in writing. We first had it from the president or owner or something-- who took the tech class with one of our members, and went back and clarified with the engineers that up to 35 was ok.

opheliajoy

ketchupqueen said:
If you call they will give it to you in writing. We first had it from the president or owner or something-- who took the tech class with one of our members, and went back and clarified with the engineers that up to 35 was ok.

Okay, thank you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC