Pics of CA at "correct" angle?

sunnyday

If you've got them, could you post them here? I'd like to show DH what this is supposed to look like. He re-installed ours last night and I think it's still too upright, but he says he couldn't get it any more reclined.

TIA!

ADS

momtotwogirls

Line parellel 53 degrees
anglepics034.jpg

anglepics029.jpg

True 45 degree angle
anglepics005.jpg

anglepics033.jpg

mommyfrog

The bottom of the car seat isn't even all the way touching when it is installed with the line level. It is raised up a little toward the rear of the car. That is just crazy looking. There is just something wrong with that. How could it NOT over rotate at that angle? It's already half way there just sitting!!

momtotwogirls

Yeah i posted on their fb and they said their generic answer about following the manual and if i need more help to call their customer service

AnnaC

I just don't understand this. If they want the seat to be that reclined, then why did they shape the bottom of the seat that way??? I mean, I know some seats need a towel in some cars. But this seat needs a SERIOUS towel in just about every car. In that first picture up there, the bottom of the seat isn't even flat on the car's seat- it's angled way up! Why in the world would they make a seat that needs that much help from a towel in every car??? It doesn't make sense.

What's the point of making a seat if it's practically unuseable?

Emi's Mommy

Can I ask what vehicle that is installed in? And can a person of at least 5'8 sit in the front seat and not be crushed into the dash?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Interesting pics...I saw a car with a baby practically lying flat on it's back and saw the CA wings and thought they just installed it wrong (they drove by slowly, all I saw was the top if baby's head) but in fact it looks like it was at the correct (?!) angle.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

Pixels

The bottom of the car seat isn't even all the way touching when it is installed with the line level. It is raised up a little toward the rear of the car. That is just crazy looking. There is just something wrong with that. How could it NOT over rotate at that angle? It's already half way there just sitting!!

The seat was not installed. If it was actually installed, it would be pushed down into the seat cushions.

Emi's Mommy

248519_10150203599420741_632200740_7624543_3762256_n.jpg

This is mine in a 2008 Dodge Avenger. It is installed with a seat belt, but I don't own enough pool noodles nor big enough towels to stuff in there to create the correct angle for a rock solid install.

And I'm a BlackBerry girl so no angle app sorry.

The front seat is moved so far forward, I can't actually get my legs in. FTR I'm tall at 5'8, but I don't think someone who is 4'8 could even fit.

Last edited:

sunnyday

248519_10150203599420741_632200740_7624543_3762256_n.jpg

This is mine in a 2008 Dodge Avenger. It is installed with a seat belt, but I don't own enough pool noodles nor big enough towels to stuff in there to create the correct angle for a rock solid install.

And I'm a BlackBerry girl so no angle app sorry.

The front seat is moved so far forward, I can't actually get my legs in. FTR I'm tall at 5'8, but I don't think someone who is 4'8 could even fit.

This is pretty much how ours looks right now. It's not actually that bad. It wasn't at the true 45 (or 53) but it's pretty close.

Emi's Mommy

This is pretty much how ours looks right now. It's not actually that bad. It wasn't at the true 45 (or 53) but it's pretty close.
I can't tell you the angle...but I can tell you it doesn't work with my car. Maybe if I never wanted a front passenger again or I had no legs. And I can't imagine my kid being pleased that she is nearly laying down in the car. She likes looking out the windows.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Line parellel 53 degrees
anglepics034.jpg

anglepics029.jpg

True 45 degree angle
anglepics005.jpg

anglepics033.jpg

Where are you checking the angle? It looks like you've placed your phone on the seat part of the carseat because the buckle tong is laying flat there. I know that my iPhone angle apps make me measure against the back of the seat and I put the phone where the baby's head would go.

I'm a few days away from getting to a store that carries this seat. Where's the recline line on it?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the bottom part of her phone is doing the measuring. (So the part against the back of the seat.) If you look at the red line on the protractor you can envision how its reading would decrease as the bottom of the phone moved more horizontal.

Although we've already determined I'm not the best person to ask about geometry.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC