Onboard 35 arrived with no manual, no wrapping

My onboard 35 that I ordered from Albee Baby arrived today. I pulled this out of the box -- no plastic wrap, no manual, no cushioned packaging what so ever. DOM 4/29/11.
Would you use it? It looks very clean-- not used at all that I can see.
100_6656.jpg

100_6657.jpg

And, just for fun, my 2 yr, 9 month old daughter fits in the seat. Haha. She has 2 1/8" over her head (when I measured with a book)
100_6659.jpg

100_6662.jpg

ADS
I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago with an Avenue from Albee. I called them and told them that it came in an unmarked box with no packaging and they sent me a return shipping label and a new seat that day.

MommaKellie

I ordered my BLVD from them, and it came in a britax box, with wrapping etc. So, I would think yours coming like that would be strange to me too.

I LOVE that your DD still fits in shell height! That's awesome!

Cryssy Jane

I would call personally. My onboard came with the manual tucked into the bottom of the seat but it came wrapped as well. I'd call.

Kobain's Mommy

Two of my CAs came from BRU.com both were wrapped in plastic. One was missing the manual, but the box was partly open, I HATE UPS. My third one I got in the store. No plastic, box still sealed and tags attached. The guy actually got it from the back since they had sold out and just got a shipment that day.

Mags462

Was the box a Safety first box? If it was, maybe they just aren't wrapping infant seats in plastic anymore :confused: If the box was some a non-manufacturer box i would definitely return the seat - unless of course it was an open box/return item. I am not super paranoid about the safety of it per say, but rather it would irk me if i paid full price for a seat and got something less than top notch kwim? :D

branichar

I know this is an older post, but I was wondering what the OP decided to do. I ordered the same carseat from Albee Baby and it arrived the exact same way. Just wondering if I should go ahead and call and return it or not.

Thanks!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC