18 Month Old Undoing Crotch Buckle

cat mommy

:eek: and :thumbsdown:. I was not pleased when I went to get DD out of the car and her crotch buckle was undone. I am 100% certain that I buckled her in before we drove off. I have a mirror up, but still had no idea she had messed with the crotch buckle. She is too young for effective discipline on this issue. So I just put a piece of velcro on the buckle, right? Will that make it tough for ME to push the button?

:banginghead::banginghead:

Last edited:
ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It won't make it tough for you. It will be more likely that she won't want to touch it.

Brianna

Yes, start with adhesive backed velco, the scratchy side on the buckle. You should be able to undo it with no problem but it will hopefully hurt DD's fingers just enough to stop her from doing it.

momtoo3

You can try calling the manufacturer and seeing if you can turn the crotch buckle around so it would be harder for her to push the button. We had to do that with our CA for a while. Ds3 just picked the velcro off when I tried that.

cat mommy

Thanks! Britax told me it is OK to flip the buckle as long as it doesn't deter me from taking her out, so I'm going to try that.

Do I need to remove the seat (installed RF) in order to do this?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It does work just like the Scenera. Put the metal piece up and down, and slide it through the slot. What they are showing is just to move it from one position to another.

Check page 62.

cat mommy

Flipping the crotch buckle was super easy and I can still reach it well to unbuckle. :thumbsup: I'm thinking of flipping DS's buckle too, since whatever she does, he does a few weeks later.

I guess what I don't know is when can I turn the buckle back. In other words, when can I know she won't unbuckle again. It was really really scary and I do not want to ever have that happen again.

christineka

I'd try again in a few months. My baby was pushing her chest clip down, so I took it off. I put it back on a few months later and she hasn't touched it.

opheliajoy

christineka said:
I'd try again in a few months. My baby was pushing her chest clip down, so I took it off. I put it back on a few months later and she hasn't touched it.

Chest clips are optional????

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC