my ride, in DH's car, is it safer to ff him now till I get something else?

downsize84.jpg

I would take a pic from the side, but the wings are so deep you cant really see much lol.. I get about an inch and a half when I measure (over and over trying to make more room somehow) (yes he has chocolate on his mouth)

We were using a CA but I can not fit it in my car at 45 degrees (or when the line is level with the ground.) I wish I had realized this before getting it. Anyways I have this in my car, but I will be getting a radian xt regular latch today and am installing it in my car.. I have to sell something before I buy something for him to rear face in for Keiths car, do I HAVE to turn this my ride ffing? or will he be ok for another month or so?

ADS

Kayleen

Also since he is older, the seat doesn't have to be right at 45*. It could probably be as upright as 30*. That might settle him deeper in the seat and give you a bit more growing room. Perhaps a CPST can comment on that.

hrice

.5" should buy him about 6 mos or more. He looks like he has more room from the pic though. Keep him RF.

GOOD! that helps a lot, I really really am sick over any idea of turning him anytime soon.. the goal is 4.. but it looks like that might not happen.. he will be riding in the my ride in DH's car rear facing as long as I can keep him that way. GOOD. I feel a lot more relieved.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Also since he is older, the seat doesn't have to be right at 45*. It could probably be as upright as 30*. That might settle him deeper in the seat and give you a bit more growing room. Perhaps a CPST can comment on that.

Unfortunately, Dorel disagrees with that.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
You can take a picture with a DVD case on his head like this:

preview_imgp34350.jpg

That specific pic is 2" of growing room
preview_imgp34360.jpg

and from this view, her head actually looks like it is over that seam in the cover

preview_imgp3434_20.jpg

Those pics were in November '09 and she stayed in the MR for another year and a half when she outgrew it by WEIGHT. She still had close to a half inch of growing room in May '11. She was just shy of 42" when she outgrew it by weight and still had height room. And she isn't super short torsoed or anything, she needs bigger shirts than she does pants.

The pic you have is really hard to tell how much room he has left. Put something solid on his head like a DVD case, make sure it is perpendicular to the back of the MR, and then take a pic. You can do the measuring tape at the same time as the DVD case if you want, or you can just make a black mark on the clear, plastic cover of the DVD case then measure after (if you use washable marker it just wipes off, but be careful not to rub the case on the seat and wipe the mark onto the seat ;))

I will do that! not right this second cause fighting him into the seat now will be a task I do not want to try in this heat.. but I will do it tonight. he looks just like that in the seat so he might be ok, I am going to take the dvd box and try it.

You can take a picture with a DVD case on his head like this:

preview_imgp34350.jpg

That specific pic is 2" of growing room
preview_imgp34360.jpg

and from this view, her head actually looks like it is over that seam in the cover

preview_imgp3434_20.jpg

Those pics were in November '09 and she stayed in the MR for another year and a half when she outgrew it by WEIGHT. She still had close to a half inch of growing room in May '11. She was just shy of 42" when she outgrew it by weight and still had height room. And she isn't super short torsoed or anything, she needs bigger shirts than she does pants.

The pic you have is really hard to tell how much room he has left. Put something solid on his head like a DVD case, make sure it is perpendicular to the back of the MR, and then take a pic. You can do the measuring tape at the same time as the DVD case if you want, or you can just make a black mark on the clear, plastic cover of the DVD case then measure after (if you use washable marker it just wipes off, but be careful not to rub the case on the seat and wipe the mark onto the seat ;))

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
We were using a CA but I can not fit it in my car at 45 degrees (or when the line is level with the ground.) I wish I had realized this before getting it.

Dorel's opinion doesn't matter, since Dorel doesn't make the MyRide.

Pixels, just wanted to show you my thought process, even though it may be wrong.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC