Help me decide!

momtoo3

I am looking for a new seat for ds3. I am stuck between another TFP, a Evenflo Symphony 65 e3, and a Evenflo Momentum. I think I want either the TFP or Symphony but haven't completely ruled out the Momentum.
It will be going in a 3 across in the second row of my van. I know all 3 are wide seats but am hoping one will work. It will need to puzzle with a Graco CarGo. The new seat will be on the passenger side and will have extra room to overhang the seat as long as the base fits because I have a 3rd row seat that will be going in the second row which gives extra side room. I need to order the seat today (hopefully) so I don't have time to go play with the Evenflo ones and it is pouring so I can't go try our TFP either.
Anyone have any experience with these 3 seats (preferences, which will last longer, install issues, what takes up least room front to back, and what would puzzle with the CarGo?) I know that the Surelatch works great on the 2 seat bench in van (which is now being replaced with the 3 seat from 3rd row.) The TFP also installs fine in the 2 seat bench. I have never tried on the 3rd row bench though. It is in the back of our shed but will be coming out this weekend. I would also like to use LATCH for this seat even though I know a 3 across is easier with seat belts, because i need 3 kids to be able to squeeze through that side to get to the 3rd row and that would be really hard with the seatbelt stretched across the opening. Thanks!!!

ADS

jheimes

I'm not sure what make/model/yr van you have, but I have installed the TF and TFP both RF and FF in all positions in the 3rd row of my "03 Chrysler Town and Country with a 50/50 rear seat. I have to use a pool noodle for installing RF in center due to the plastic molding on the 50/50 split of the seat.
My 5.5 DD who is 39# and 45" fits comfortably FF and is barely on the top harness slots. (slots below are just barely below her shoulders so had to move to top slots.)
My almost 3 yr DS is 29# and fits RF comfortably with plenty of head room above his head.
The seats are on the wider side as far as 3 across goes, but the base (part in contact with bottom of seat) is not as wide as the sides and back, so may work if base part fits on your seat.
I love the fit on my kids, ease of removing covers for washing, ease of install with seatbelts or latch, height for long torsoed kids, and ease of adjusting beween more than one child without install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC