New Coccoro

Apricot

I want the new cocorro for my baby, due in October. Anyone have an idea when the new ones will start showing up? I mean, if it's not going to show until December, I'll get one of the current ones, hopefully on a decent sale.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Car seat releases are pushed back all the time. The changes are so small, if it gets too close to your due date, just buy an original and order a D ring from Britax.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep, unless you need an under 5 lb. limit I don't think it will be THAT much different.

I heard third quarter, last I heard of it, and it may be pushed back again. So, October may be cutting it close.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The differences are:

* Lower minimum weight limit (most people won't need that)

* Rear-facing tether (retroactive, so with the proper d-ring you can tether any Coccoro)

* Two-piece infant insert (same style as now, but the head and body parts can come apart)

* Non-skid strips on the bottom (might or might not be necessary depending on your car; might also be available from Combi to retrofit older seats)

If those changes make a difference to you, you can try holding out. For most people I don't think the differences are great enough to wait if you want/need one sooner.

Kobain's Mommy

I just got one at Target.com for $160 shipped in April. Baby is due in October as well. DS is using it till baby is born. If the new one is out by then and DS still fits DH is just going to buy a second one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC