Which Radian do you prefer?

linneabw

Assuming you haven't fallen off the radian wagon due to issues with super latch.

i'm trying to decide between the 65sl or justifying the extra cost for the xtsl.
I have the xtsl in my van and this would go in dh's car which we use 1-2 times a week. Is the xtsl worth the extra? Does it impede the length of use forward facing? We want something that will last a long time ffing too. I'm also worried that ds will hit 40lbs before 3. I'm not comfortable turning him before 3 and plan to keep him rfing as long as he fits in the xtsl in my van.

I need to decide because there are some good deals out there!

ADS

Aurezalia

I'd go in between and get an 80SL, probably. :) No headwings like the XT, but it has the greater weight limits - the extra 5 pounds of rear-facing weight is absolutely worth the extra cost to me.

Cryssy Jane

I'd go in between and get an 80SL, probably. :) No headwings like the XT, but it has the greater weight limits - the extra 5 pounds of rear-facing weight is absolutely worth the extra cost to me.

:yeahthatlove: I agree completely. If you're worried about your kiddo being 40lbs before 3, I think the extra 5lbs of the 80sl would be beneficial.

Pixels

The headwings may make the seat not last as long forward facing, because the child cannot effectively go over the top slots. Their shoulders would hit the wings.

ElfJewel

:yeahthat: I like the higher weight limit but sometimes I wish we didn't have the headwings.

bnsnyde

I bought my 2 XT's for the headwings. And they also help a lot with sleeping kids. 45 RF is essential to me. Now we need the XTSL to RF to age 4 or more, b/c the 5 lbs. make a difference.

I actually can't wait until my oldest outgrows his Radian b/c the mesh is all snagged, and the install is very hard to get right w/seatbelt. SL would be a good option. I have time before he'll outgrow it, though.

firemomof3

I would also go with the 80SL. I had ds in the XTSL rf but when I turned him I had to move the harness to the top slots and the head wings wouldn't stay up :mad: So I ended up selling it. I have the 65SL for my daycare kiddos since the 40lbs. rf is plenty for me and I love it ff :love: DS used it for a while ff with the longer crotch strap and it was perfect.

linneabw

I know babyage.com has 20% off radians right now. Someone posted in the deals thread one on babycatalog.com and Kohls has their 30% off plus $10 Kohl's cash for every $50 you spend. I think they end up being about the same.

Seems like there are always xtsl on the swap, but rarely 80sls.

Jessica61624

linneabw said:
I know babyage.com has 20% off radians right now. Someone posted in the deals thread one on babycatalog.com and Kohls has their 30% off plus $10 Kohl's cash for every $50 you spend. I think they end up being about the same.

Seems like there are always xtsl on the swap, but rarely 80sls.

Thanks!

I would also go with the 80SL. I had ds in the XTSL rf but when I turned him I had to move the harness to the top slots and the head wings wouldn't stay up :mad: So I ended up selling it. I have the 65SL for my daycare kiddos since the 40lbs. rf is plenty for me and I love it ff :love: DS used it for a while ff with the longer crotch strap and it was perfect.

XTSL. I can't imagine what my dd would do without the headwings for sleeping.

I had the same issue with the headwings staying up, so I looked at the back of the seat to see what was up, and I found that I could tighten the nuts back there a bit and it keeps the wings up. Sometimes the nuts losen up back there and have to be tightened a bit, that's all.

My daughter sleeps in the car, so the xtsl is nice for her. My son, however, NEVER sleeps in the car, so I don't feel bad that he has the 65. And, he is super skinny, so he won't need the extra 5 lbs of weight. He is someone who will definitely outgrow it by height first.

And I will admit, I totally sprung for the xtsl because I liked the flora pattern, and I figured the headwings would be good for Maisie b/c she likes to sleep in the car.

cookie123

Matthew sleeps fine rf without headwings. He hasn't been in it ff. I wish I had more rf
Weight than 33 lbs. 40 would probably be enough for him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC