Would you buy this?

turtlemama

I'm thinking of getting rid of my CAs. I like them, but I don't want to deal with the whole 45 degree angle thing and be restricted to the 40 inch rule. I don't know what else to get though. I saw this and thought "maybe?"

http://www.babyage.com/car-seat/mom...urce=sh&utm_medium=Default&utm_campaign=89919

I don't know anything about how much space it would take up. I know it's wider, but it will be on a captains chair. Is there any reason these are not recommended more often?

Also sorry if this is the wrong place, I thought since I was considering buying a new car seat that this would be the right place??

ADS

christineka

Not sure how tall it is. I have the symphony 65 right now and am almost in love with it. If it rfed to 40 pounds, I would. I assume the 65e3 is just as tall and a little bit more wonderful. The symphony65's top harness position is at 18 inches! Rfing, it isn't as tall as the CA, but my 4 year old has 3.5 inches above his head. He has a 14 inch torso. I love sure latch. It is the easiest thing ever! The harness adjuster is buttery smooth. The harness height is a cinch to adjust! The only downside to the evenflo seats is the non-removable harness.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The momentum has some height. I can fit it in some small spaces too. I actually like the seat.

christineka

The momentum has some height. I can fit it in some small spaces too. I actually like the seat.

According to the measurements database, it has an internal height of 24 inches. I think the radian is 24 or 25. (I should have looked while I had the spreadsheet open.) The momentum's top harness position is lower than the symphony's. That's odd that the harness would be lower, but the shell taller.

cookie123

I haven't had an Evenflo seat in awhile. I don't know why, because I've never had a need, but the non removeable harness bugs me, also the width of the things take up the whole back seat, then there's that eps foam that ends abruptly right in the middle of the back (at least on the EFTA).

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
According to the measurements database, it has an internal height of 24 inches. I think the radian is 24 or 25. (I should have looked while I had the spreadsheet open.) The momentum's top harness position is lower than the symphony's. That's odd that the harness would be lower, but the shell taller.

The momentum can be used longer RFing, due to height.

When I measured both, for FFing, the momentum was taller. (Harness height)

turtlemama

I like the momentum so far, but what other seats are good?
So I guess what I'm asking is, what seats would you guys recommend? I have tried the Myride in the store on my 4 year old and he still had a few inches left. He would only ride in it occasionally though. My 2 year old and 1 year old are in the CAs but I put my 4 year old in one if it is just him going with me somewhere.

I don't even know what I want to do yet. Sell my CAs? Dont?
I see other techs not worried about the restrictions even with the recent statements and others are. I don't know if I should worry or not?
I really just wish I knew why they were so pushy on these statements. What is their reasoning for the 40 inch rule? What makes them think a 45 degree angle,or more since their line is off, is going to be better than a more upright angle? You know? I just want to know why their rules are different.

ETA if I did get a new seat it would have to be with the money I make from selling the CAs only.

ericarizo

So this my DS when he was about 8 months old. My DD was almost 3 at the time and could still fit in this seat but it was hard to get her in and out of it because it is such a beast. I really liked this seat accept the fact it was big.

Last edited:

tanusscott22

Personally I :love: my true fits. I love them so much we have two premier models, an original and the new via infant bucket. The weight limits are near the top on the market (35 or rfing, and 65 for ffing). There are a few seats with higher weight limits, but the TF also has a great 5 point harness height at 50". It has features that make it user friendly, easy to install, and easy to wash. It is a bit of a beast in the car, but for us the pros far outweigh the cons.:)

christineka

I went out to play with the symphony. It is so easy to install and work the harness that my 9 yo can do it! Rfing, I measuered 13 inches of leg room- that was from the back of the seat all the way to the vehicle's seat. Since it was installed with latch in the sienna, the seat back was reclined a little. The measurement I got of the internal height for the top rfing position was a measly 22.5 inches. I measured the MA, installed on the opposite side of the van to compare. It has an internal height of 24 inches and 12 inches of leg room. My ds certainly looks the most comfortable in the true fit. (I wish it would rf to 40 or 45 pounds!) The symphony's top harness position is about 18 inches- maybe 17.75 installed. It does adjust the seatbelt well as a booster, but like most combo seats, it is impossible for the child to buckle the seatbelt.

ETA- Tfp legroom is 14.5 inches, interior height is 26.5. Also, an interesting tidbit is that the symphony 65, tfp, and MA fit rfing 3 across in the sienna, second row.

Last edited:

momtoo3

I went out to play with the symphony. It is so easy to install and work the harness that my 9 yo can do it! Rfing, I measuered 13 inches of leg room- that was from the back of the seat all the way to the vehicle's seat. Since it was installed with latch in the sienna, the seat back was reclined a little. The measurement I got of the internal height for the top rfing position was a measly 22.5 inches. I measured the MA, installed on the opposite side of the van to compare. It has an internal height of 24 inches and 12 inches of leg room. My ds certainly looks the most comfortable in the true fit. (I wish it would rf to 40 or 45 pounds!) The symphony's top harness position is about 18 inches- maybe 17.75 installed. It does adjust the seatbelt well as a booster, but like most combo seats, it is impossible for the child to buckle the seatbelt.

ETA- Tfp legroom is 14.5 inches, interior height is 26.5. Also, an interesting tidbit is that the symphony 65, tfp, and MA fit rfing 3 across in the sienna, second row.

Could you measure how wide the base is on the Symphony and TFP? I am trying to do 3 across the 2nd row of my caravan (3rd row seat in 2nd row) with a RF EFTA, FF CarGo, and either a RF TFP or RF Symphony. Thanks!!!

lovemybabybug

Not sure how tall it is. I have the symphony 65 right now and am almost in love with it. If it rfed to 40 pounds, I would. I assume the 65e3 is just as tall and a little bit more wonderful. The symphony65's top harness position is at 18 inches! Rfing, it isn't as tall as the CA, but my 4 year old has 3.5 inches above his head. He has a 14 inch torso. I love sure latch. It is the easiest thing ever! The harness adjuster is buttery smooth. The harness height is a cinch to adjust! The only downside to the evenflo seats is the non-removable harness.

So I ask you this:

ON the Symphony 65, how do you know when the child has outgrown it by height? Can you raise the headrest when it's RFing? Do you go by the 1inch rule from the top of the shell or top of the headrest? I was in my friend's car today and her 20 month old is exactly 1 inch from the top of the shell ( not the headrest). Has he outgrown it?

christineka

So I ask you this:

ON the Symphony 65, how do you know when the child has outgrown it by height? Can you raise the headrest when it's RFing? Do you go by the 1inch rule from the top of the shell or top of the headrest? I was in my friend's car today and her 20 month old is exactly 1 inch from the top of the shell ( not the headrest). Has he outgrown it?

I'll measure in a bit. As for rfing, it's 1 inch from the top of the headrest in the second from the bottom position.

lovemybabybug

Awesome! Thak you so much! I skimmed through her manual really fast and didn't see anything about it. We were wondering if he was outgrowing it already!

turtlemama

I do have a TF, but I need the 40 lb rf limit. My just turned 2 year old is already 33 lbs, so I don't think they would make it to my goal of 4 years for rf. It's unfortunate because my 2 year old is only on the second slot in the tf and my 1 year old is still on the bottom slot with about a half inch before he is even with the second slot. I just need those extra few lbs (also non twisty straps would be nice) and it would be perfect.

bnsnyde

I was going to get the Momentum to ERF b/c Evenflo said it is the tallest shell of all their seats. I love the seat, too! It would have worked great!! And fit in my car!

But they said it HAD to be 45 angle recline. Would not budge on that at all. At that angle it might not fit because every millimeter counts with our current setup. This would have been for a 3.5-year-old. Actually she's got 4 lbs. until she is 40 lbs. so I am just going with the Radian (and the oldest kid will have to climb through the van trunk, maybe, since the Radian fits in one spot). I want the RF tether option though, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC