does she fit without a booster?

ElfJewel

We have decided to get rid of our 07 Odyssey. We love having 2 vans but can't afford it right now. So DH will go back to driving our old 98 Saturn. He only takes 1 or 2 kids usually and each seat we have in there will fit at least 2 different kids. The only problem is it has no headrests, and DD1 is too tall with a nbb (ears go above the back) and has outgrown all of our extra hbb by height. We are thinking of getting a Frontier for her to have a hbb, but if she fits without a booster we will do that. She is usually in it for one short ride a week (pick up from dance class). I would rather have her in a booster but for that I am ok without one if she fits. Opinions?
m5step.jpg

with the positioning clip- the only problem is that it is elastic and wants to pull the belt off her shoulder. She would have to make sure it stays put
m5stepwclip.jpg

lap belt fit
m5stepbelly.jpg

She sits back against the seat, knees bent at the edge and feet touch the floor. I appreciate any help!

ADS

Pixels

The positioning clip does not look to me like it's pulling it off her shoulder. It looks like it is appropriately centered on her shoulder. If the elastic ends up pulling it farther over, she can move her whole body, bum and all, towards the door.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I think the fit would be better with a booster, but I wouldn't buy a Frontier in this case.

Kat_Momof3

it's not the BEST lapbelt fit, but I do think it's across the hips... and the shoulderbelt fit with the adjuster could be improved by having her scootch a little closer to the door.

and as her knees bend at the edge and (my personal favorite for ensuring no slouching) her feet are flat on the floor, I'd be fine with her riding like that, but I'd impress upon her that she will NOT fit other cars without a booster.

ElfJewel

I guess we won't get a Frontier for his car then. We actually have one so we know it fits, but can't keep it in his car because it is my mom's so Megan can go in her car (same problem, but no belt clip) and they need it while he is at work. We can use it if we know she is going to be in his car more than a few minutes though. I had her scoot over and the positioner wasn't pulling as much. DH will just have to remind her how to sit each time she gets in, and she will have to make sure she sits still. Its only a 10 minute ride though, so I think she'll be ok. Thanks for confirming what I thought. DH says "You took that class, you should know." But it's so much harder with my own kid!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC